Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Default 20 FPS more on Spit with ATI 4870 !

Almost 20 FPS more for me since i deactivated the mirror ! ( 1 Spit, over water, no other action/objects) As said by someone else, it helps a lot but when it was for 5 FPS for him, it's almost 20 for me ! I had noticed that my fps was downing a lot when i was looking ahead, and then noticed that it was downing even when there were only blue sky plus a small (even very small) part of the rear mirror...

In more, this "famous" rear mirror is totally buggy and crappy atm !

Last edited by IbnSolmyr; 04-03-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Registered Member

How do you disable mirrors?
Old 04-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmell View Post
How do you disable mirrors?
M
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Approved Member

Is your 4870 a 1 GB model? If so, can you help me out by running some benches, see here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20438
Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Is your 4870 a 1 GB model? If so, can you help me out by running some benches, see here:
I'm running 4870 1GB also. Even though this is an older card than 5 series, tends to get better performance than 5870, 5770 etc. Look at passmark results. Should perform very well on the low\med settings.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

The only thing, im having problems getting the AA to work, in catalyst control and in the game settings, i have heard a few other people saying the AA is not working for them, i will take a look at the other threads to see if there is a way to force it etc.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 06:45 PM
BigPickle

Our card keeps pace with a lot of the newer ones, and ive only a 512 model
Old 04-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_ping View Post
The only thing, im having problems getting the AA to work, in catalyst control and in the game settings, i have heard a few other people saying the AA is not working for them, i will take a look at the other threads to see if there is a way to force it etc.
Personally, i experienced an about 10-20 FPS less with AAx8, comparing in no AA. But i didn't see any graphic improves. I even found that my graphics were better without !! (looking at the glass roof's structure...) So obviously i deactivated it too..
Old 04-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_ping View Post
I'm running 4870 1GB also. Even though this is an older card than 5 series, tends to get better performance than 5870, 5770 etc. Look at passmark results. Should perform very well on the low\med settings.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Thanks
4870 seems to be a very good middle aged stuff, i found some benchmarks that were using it as a reference (even if it's outclassed now by new cards...)
Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
No, sorry, mine is a 2 Go Vapor-X one. (A card that i no longer find on the market nor in the benchmarks...)
Old 04-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbnSolmyr View Post
No, sorry, mine is a 2 Go Vapor-X one. (A card that i no longer find on the market nor in the benchmarks...)
But thats even better . See the link above and run the benches if you can. Would be great to compare 512Mb with 2GB card, other things being as equal as possible.