Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

Default 777 Studios wishes COD best of luck on their launch!

Hey guys,

First, anyone posting anything about COD who may or may not have a loose affilaition (mod or beta tester) with us does do so on their own accord and their opinion is just that, their opinion, not that of 777 Studios or it's employees. Nor have they been encouraged to do post anything about COD anywhere.

Personally, I don't understand the weird competition on the forums between ROF and COD. It's baffling to me and wasn't like this in the old days. Ilya is my friend and we just recently had dinner together in Moscow (see this article for a pic) and both companies face the same challenges so it's pointless to do anything other than enjoy this hobby and make our products in the spirit of friendly competition. Everyone benefits as result. And I assume the feeling goes both ways.

I and others on my team got our start in the IL-2 universe so we have no ill will towards this franchise and appreciate all this franchise and the people behind it has done for the genre.

777 Studios and the Rise of Flight Team wishes Cliffs of Dover great success as it only helps the genre as a whole.

Regards,
Jason Williams
President
777 Studios
Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

This the behavior i would have expected... *meant positive!*

Winger
Old 03-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Hecke

So the videos posted on youtube by Vaal87 are really from your area? Are they beta status or ingame videos from the official release?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

They are not from "Us" they were just some early vids that we're out there which apparently popped up on a Russian forum. I have no idea where they came from only that it appeared to come from an ROF fan and I can't even confirm that much.

I only know some COD fans took offense and contacted me. No official 777 Studios employee has anything to do with anything posted about COD.

Anyways, I refer to my post above.

Jason
Old 03-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
So the videos posted on youtube by Vaal87 are really from your area? Are they beta status or ingame videos from the official release?
Thats the point they are not from his "area"...
Old 03-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Jason!

I also want to say that it's baffling to me that the community is split up into camps - RoF here, Birds of Prey there, BoB there. Flight sim fans are a very tiny community now, and fragmenting and wishing each other harm is completely insane.

I see no reason why enjoying product A should prevent you from enjoying product B. We're not in a competition. On the contrary, we need each other to keep the genre alive.

The fact is, it's just a few morons on all sides that are stirring things up for the rest of us. I'm sure 99% of the rest of the community has no ill feelings towards each other. We just need to learn to ignore the trolls and work hard to keep them out.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
The fact is, it's just a few morons on all sides that are stirring things up for the rest of us. I'm sure 99% of the rest of the community has no ill feelings towards each other. We just need to learn to ignore the trolls and work hard to keep them out.
QFT!!!!!

Have preordered mine on STEAM, cant wait for the 19th april to play it!!!!
Gj guys
Old 03-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Well said Jason.ROF looks like a well developed and complex sim which I will buy pretty soon regardless of how much I will like/dislike COD.Its good to have you around and knowing how you feel about the whole genre.And thanks for the clarifications...I told you guys those videos looked fishy
Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Hecke

@ Luthier:

Did you really use the old '46 sounds for the new one?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

Well, I bought RoF on the release day like I will do with CoD - and I have every RoF plane in my Hangar and will keep it that way when more arrive

One thing to remember though is that RoF was rather buggy to when released - and there was no use pointing finger at that. I for sure kept quiet about it even though it hurt as we could all see the potential. For me it was in version 1.08 (long time ago) that I really felt that it was showing all of it's potential. As it is now it is a great game, even though my rig is unfortunately too old for it. Have been waiting to upgrade for CoD so I have my finger on the order button for a new rig now I remember doing the same for IL2 on the first release and I remember it ran great on my blistering fast Geforce 2 Ultra

So, there will probably be a lot of bugs in CoD and they will in the same way as for RoF be squashed - be sure! Pointing finger at them on the pre release day before even applying the first patch will do the community no good!

It sure will require top notch hardware just as IL2 did and RoF, that is just the way it works in the most demanding of genres... I can imagine that the guys at SpeedTree have been working hard to get zillions of trees working at the same time from 5000 meters over Dover. It's easy to say "they look great in Call of Duty so why not in CoD?". They show a couple of hundred in one frame though at maximum...
Closed Thread