Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 05-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Arrow Frame-rate Issues

Hello,

I own Rig'n'Roll since serveral days and it is a really realistic simulation. But when I'm driving in career- or single order mode with maxed out settings, I'm just getting around 16 fps. Are there any suggestions to fix this problem? (System: Q8200, 2GB RAM, ATI 4850)

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:49 AM
Registered Member

Default "Mediocre" performance in general

Does anyone else seem to struggle to get into the 30s for FPS in this game? I seem to stick around the 20s on average, with traffic minimal (I hate to be alone ha ha). It seems that changing the graphics doesn't make a difference. I set the game at minimum, restart the game even, and still get FPS in the 20s. I go max, restart, same thing. Everything in between doesn't seem to make a difference either. I get 10 FPS around the San Francisco bay area as many have pointed out have the same issue.

I have the English version of the game, with hotfix too.

And I thought my pc was in pretty decent spec

Manufacturer:
Dell Inc.
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory:
6144MB RAM (6GB spec)
Hard Drive:
483 GB (500GB spec)
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ OC 512MB GDDR3
Monitor:
Dell Widescreen 19" 16:10 ratio 1440x900 (Digital)
Sound Card:
Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Speakers/Headphones:
Stereo Standard Dell Speakers + Subwoofer
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Pittsburgh Steelers baby!!!
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard:
whatever the heck Dell computers come with
Computer Case:
Standard Dell Studio 540 Desktop Case

Perhaps its the cpu that's dragging, or the low graphics memory I have?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

I noticed MASSIVE memory leaks and huge fps drop after 1-2 hour of playing, when traffic is set to any value than 0%. So it looks like it is traffic related bug that is causing it.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, I did notice that traffic made a difference. I'll try running for a while with absolutely no traffic to see if it helps, but that takes away some realism IMO (although they only travel 35 mph on a straightaway, even on the interstates).
Old 07-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

I hate to say this but the game has huge memory leaks still even after the hotfix for the en/us version AND even after playing with traffic set to 0 if you get caught by the police you can say bye bye to 30+ fps also i noticed the more loads you del;iver succesfully/complete the less fps you get after 2-3 hours and it doesnt matter where you are on map or your video settings min/.max or resolution very sad.

temporary solution i noticed recently thta running the game in windowed mode buys me 30-40 min of gametime @58-78fps on top of those 2-3 hours wher the game preforms @ 58-78 fps drop from the usual 70-80 i get after loading my savegame ( wich lasts 30-35 minutes doesnt matter where located on map ) it drops to 57-80 and it doenst increase no matter what i do it only decreases to 25- the more i play

furthere on i noticed ALSO that after the fps drops to 30 or so whatever video settings i change ( from the ingame menu , not going to main menu ) my game instantly CTD's with no error messages thats a clear sign the game still has serious memory leaks and i cant comprehend as to why after all this time they didnt release an urgent/emergency patch to adress taht issue only...it eludes me

Last edited by plolq; 07-21-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Jesus, you are complaining about those fps? I have trouble running the game at a solid 30 fps most of the time.

It slows down to a crawl now and then, when there is more traffic than usual.

Changing the graphic settings doesn´t matter, also not changing the resolution, it even runs better with higher resolution than lower, which is very strange.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser74 View Post
Jesus, you are complaining about those fps? I have trouble running the game at a solid 30 fps most of the time.

It slows down to a crawl now and then, when there is more traffic than usual.

Changing the graphic settings doesn´t matter, also not changing the resolution, it even runs better with higher resolution than lower, which is very strange.
Exactly the same for me, I struggle to get above the 20s in FPS. And yet I get 120 in Left 4 Dead 2. It probably isn't best to compare different gaming engines, though.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Yeah I would be happy if the game would run at a steady 30fps, which it doesn´t.

L4D2 runs very smooth on my pc also, as well as other Truck sims, which outshine RnR in fps in every aspect. But somehow I am coming back to RnR always, there is something to like about this game.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

No im not complaining about 50+ fps im complaining about the fact that it doesnt stay above 30-40 after 4 or more hours...the game still has memory leaks or whatever its causing the massive fps drop in the course of 2-3 hrs from the steady 50-78fps @ gameload to 26-30 when it shutters/lag so bad i have to reload, basicly i ran numerous testing sessions and aparently it goes from 78-80 after gameload to 67-72 after 1-1.2 hrs of game time then 50-62 after 2 hours and then 22-28 ( not stable it would be awsome if it would be stable @ 28 but its not) at the point i have to reload my save becuse it just unplayable

sorry for my bad/wierd way of putting it but english isnt my native lang and im tryign to explain my issue (on both of my pc's) wich im sure everyone is having wich is a shame as its the games only real major gamebreaking issue

talking about memory leaks i remember disciples III having similar issues the game was ctd and had major slowdowns , i remember buying mine digital copy of d3 only to become fustrated by the ctd's and missing textures/crashes wich were adressed and fixed by now ( the us version of d3 doesnt have em.) but it was patched somewhat quick after the issues were addresed and reported i wonder why isnt rnr , i bet it sold a ****load more copies than d3 III russian and int/eng version alltogether...
Old 12-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

Default Time

Hi
How does time work is there anywhere i can find the true time of day while driving the game is unplayable on my computer when it turns dark if i can find out the time or work it out ican find a hotel and advance time to morning my spec is Windows 7 home premium
AMD Phenom[tm] 8600 triple-core 2.3GH
4GB Ram 2GB Cache Dx11
32Bit Operating System
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 500 Mb

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-14-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Relocated To The Proper Thread.