Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Armored Princess questions and solutions

Old 11-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Registered Member

Default Armored Princess direct 3d error please help me !!! thanks

hi i have a problem with armored princess when start the game i have an error application aborted c:\work\skyfallen\tbm\bmrender\rmode.cpp(1633):dir ectx call failed -1,-1,E_FAIL (an undetermined error occurred inside the direct3D subsystem) i hope someone could help me thanks!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBi View Post
hi i have a problem with armored princess when start the game i have an error application aborted c:\work\skyfallen\tbm\bmrender\rmode.cpp(1633):dir ectx call failed -1,-1,E_FAIL (an undetermined error occurred inside the direct3D subsystem) i hope someone could help me thanks!!!!
Just install recent DirectX and it should help.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

I am also having this issue. My DirectX and graphics card drivers are up to date.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAes View Post
I am also having this issue. My DirectX and graphics card drivers are up to date.
Send dxdiag report to our support team (support@1cpublishing.eu). But this is 100% problem of the drivers.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

I sent an email to the support line you provided. When can I expect a response?

Also... How can it be the drivers if my drivers are up to date?

Last edited by SnakeAes; 12-03-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAes View Post
I sent an email to the support line you provided. When can I expect a response?

Also... How can it be the drivers if my drivers are up to date?
Some driver files may be corrupted or smth like that. Can't say for sure. Support should help.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

if I try to rotate the camera or in the cutscene that plays when the princess enters the portal at the beginning of the game the game crashes to the desktop in windows 7 x64 and I receive the following error message

C:\work\skyfallen\tbm\BMRender\rmode.cpp(5534): Directx call failed: -1,-1,E_FAIL (an undetermined error occurred inside the direct3D subsystem)

I'm using updated drivers for my graphics card (Geforce 8500GT, driver version 195.62) and directx is also updated (from the game disk).

Funny thing is, the problem does not occur in Windows Xp x86. I'm also using updated drivers (195.62) & directx there.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif105878 View Post
if I try to rotate the camera or in the cutscene that plays when the princess enters the portal at the beginning of the game the game crashes to the desktop in windows 7 x64 and I receive the following error message

C:\work\skyfallen\tbm\BMRender\rmode.cpp(5534): Directx call failed: -1,-1,E_FAIL (an undetermined error occurred inside the direct3D subsystem)

I'm using updated drivers for my graphics card (Geforce 8500GT, driver version 195.62) and directx is also updated (from the game disk).

Funny thing is, the problem does not occur in Windows Xp x86. I'm also using updated drivers (195.62) & directx there.
I was experiencing the same problem. Changing my game resolution helped a little, but only barely (changed from 1280x1024 to 1152x864 or something like that). The game still crashes every now and then when I rotate the camera, so I have to save pretty much every five seconds.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

I had same problem, and just found fix for it, if I turn off Anti-Aliasing, then I can travel through portal and play without getting error. All other settings I have on highest.

If that doesn't work, then put everything to lowest or off, to get through, once you are on other side, you can set them back up, but game will still crash, so do not forget to save after you do something.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Registered Member

Default I think it's 100% drivers problem

Hi guys

I am dual booting with XP Sp3 and Win7 Ultimate
In XP i can turn on Anti-Aliasing without a problem
But in Win 7 it's always giving me the same Crash, so it's totally drivers problems