Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Default No landing gear in CTA

I was playing CTA this morning and came in to hot and knocked my right side landing gear off, so i continued to land, slowed down and set my right wing on the ground and it didn't rip off I actually captured the airfield. I tried to take off and when I got up speed my plane nosed over but the wing never came off.

Has anyone else had this happen? I will post a picture of it in the morning. I love the feature of being able to take a screen shot.

EDIT: here is the pic and a couple more just to show you the goodness of this save screenshot feature.

Now all I need is for guiltyspark to say this is some stupid non innovative useless feature of the PS3
Yes that is a yak 1B

MC 202 I love this little plane it is beautiful.

Last edited by trk29; 09-28-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Approved Member

wow, very nice. Whenever I come in to hot, both my wheels fly off, so I've never had the chance to try it.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX-SiLeNCE-Xx View Post
wow, very nice. Whenever I come in to hot, both my wheels fly off, so I've never had the chance to try it.
I was also a little off level.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

I actually lost both my wheels while coming in way too fast in an I-153 on Realistic. I managed to ski to a stop and capture the airfield, but with no wheels, I couldn't build speed to take off. However...yes! It is possible!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroptimus View Post
I managed to ski to a stop and capture the airfield, but with no wheels, I couldn't build speed to take off.
Ya think!? . That would be the top, being able to take off without any gear.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
I was playing CTA this morning and came in to hot and knocked my right side landing gear off, so i continued to land, slowed down and set my right wing on the ground and it didn't rip off I actually captured the airfield. I tried to take off and when I got up speed my plane nosed over but the wing never came off.

Has anyone else had this happen? I will post a picture of it in the morning. I love the feature of being able to take a screen shot.
Yeah, I've done this as well. It was pretty tense while capturing hoping that no OpFor would come to give me grief! I didn't bother trying to take off though, I just bailed

More importantly though - how do you take screenshots?! Is it an actual game feature like Battlefield Bad Company/Wipeout, or are you just hooked up to a PC?

Last edited by InfiniteStates; 09-28-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Yeah, I've done this as well. It was pretty tense while capturing hoping that no OpFor would come to give me grief! I didn't bother trying to take off though, I just bailed

More importantly though - how do you take screenshots?! Is it an actual game feature like Battlefield Bad Company/Wipeout, or are you just hooked up to a PC?
It is a PS3 only feature (game feature). Hit the ps button scroll over to the camera icon and scroll down to take screenshot.

Last edited by trk29; 09-28-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Edited my first post.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
It is a PS3 only feature (game feature). Hit the ps button scroll over to the camera icon and scroll down to take screenshot.
OMFG Is it a firmware feature then? Maybe 3.00 did do something right...

I'm gonna have to investigate this later. Uber-kudos to Sony if it's now a general feature. It was sweet in the other games I previously mentioned...

And kudos to trk29 for educating me
Old 09-29-2009, 02:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
OMFG Is it a firmware feature then? Maybe 3.00 did do something right...

I'm gonna have to investigate this later. Uber-kudos to Sony if it's now a general feature. It was sweet in the other games I previously mentioned...

And kudos to trk29 for educating me
It's been in there for a while, but like custom soundtracks, it is up for the dev to use. IL-2 is the first that I can think of to use XMB screenshots, it has been there even in the demo.