Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Default if IL-2 1946 can do it...

we need to have this kind of water effect. can you imagine the parts of england's coast with a muddy look based on what is seen from 0.26s ?? that and with a cloudy day, and definitely some kind of river banks, i wouldn't care much about some of other possible landscape shortcomings

would look really great
Old 07-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Approved Member

IIRC the actual water in CoD was announced to be not 'final'.......we have to wait!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

I found these pre-release screens on Fubars site:

http://fooblog.mexxoft.com/wp-conten...6897285527.jpg

http://fooblog.mexxoft.com/wp-conten...6897336743.jpg

Opacity at the shore. The darker bits further out are cloud shadows I think.

Maybe in a couple of years...
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
IIRC the actual water in CoD was announced to be not 'final'.......we have to wait!
Just about everything in this game, is not final
Old 07-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

I've lived in Kent or near the north east coast one way or another all my life and to say that the sea is this colour or that just doesn't work. It changes dependent on weather conditions and can do that very quickly. its unrealistic to expect the game to do that but there are areas (Thames estuary seems relevant here) that have common characteristics (silty) that could be done better.

I have sat on tops of the Cliffs in Dover on a summer afternoon and the sea was such a vivid shade of blue if it were replicated in the game everyone would call it unreal, go up to Capel le Ferne and its a different colour there and go the few miles down to Folkestone Warren and its deep green. True nature is currently beyond what any game can accurately portray for the time being at least.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Yep, for true UK coastline water, it needs to be; a) Brown, b) Opaque and c) Full of sewage and industrial effluent.

Believe me, I wish this wasn't true, but uk water isn't a beautiful sapphire turquoise. Ever.
Obviously never spent much time on the south coast.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Obviously never spent much time on the south coast.
No but I have and the water is full of s**t down here..fact
Old 07-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
No but I have and the water is full of s**t down here..fact
That may be true of Portsmouth, but to say that the waters of the UK are never clear or full of colour is just plain incorrect.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Good God, has everybody around here lost all semblance of a sense of humour? Sheesh.
When it comes to people getting picky over colours and saying they are incorrect and being completely in the wrong, then yes, it's beyond a joke.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Ali Fish

you only get brownish water where there are extensive sandbanks more commonly known as beaches. also theres an area where sand deminishes and further depth and rock take care of the colouring to produce darker patch areas at relativly shallow depths.

presently we can fly good over water. i hope its the same when they implement the intended translusence and fill it with high poly submarines.