Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Default Crown of Blackthorne

It seems a bunch of my posts got vanished somehow. Was gonna follow up to the one asking about if the Crown of Blackthorne works for the Royal Thorns or just the normal one's.

It does work. What got me confused is the crown description reads that it increases the attack by 100%. So I was checking the attack rating. It actually increases the damage done.

Also my tip for using the Crown got vanished, so I'll repost for posterity. I'm rather proud of my discovery.

The crown can be equipped between battles to make use of the quality of reducing loss of rage. Just take it off right before entering a battle to equip a more preferable head gear for battle. Put it back on again after the battle is over. Just don't forget to take it off before battle.

Used this way I've been able to bring my mana from zero to full while preserving half my rage ready for next battle, but not wasting an equipment slot on the crown (useless for battle with a thornless army). Also good for those rage fills from energy converters and pools of rage before rushing to a hero/boss battle.

Somehow that obvious idea slipped by me for a long while before it dawned on me. Makes the crown a good find especially for a warrior.
Funny idea for an item. Self abuse to gain benefit for a forthcoming battle.

Last edited by WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD; 02-16-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Approved Member

Wait.. the crown doubles the DAMAGE thorns do, and not the Attack? That is significantly better, especially for level 1 thorns. Yikes.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

In the original game, KBTL, it actually does double the damage rather than the attack, and the description says double damage as well. Pretty overpowered then.

I believe they planned on nerfing it in KBAP, but only got to change the description. Needs further checking though, as it might actually just double the attack, but the corresponding creature stat screen might be bugged.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

Probably another discrepancy - looking at the russian KBAP, the item improves the damage if the thorns by 100% rather than their attack.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Great, the thorns are still powerful then with the Crown of Blackthorne.... but still not as powerful as the droids and undead.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Approved Member

yep, crown of blackthorne + scope ( 100% to damage of archers ?)

You could go Royal thorns - thorn hunters - Dryads - thorn warriors/ other archers / denomologist - for some thorny fun.

I'd be more fun if they were resurectable.