Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Default Army of Darkness

Hi all I'm developing a mod that adds new artifact and units to the game. These units can be transfromed from usual ones by using so called "Forbidden Book". So here's the list:
  • Archmages >> Adepts of Darkness

They are using dark powers to create Evilins from the dead bodies of their victims, mysterious blobs of pure darkness.
    Abilities: create Evilins, summon Darklings (creatures made of shadows), attack with magic (Dark Star), consume Evilins to double the power of dark star (per Evilin collected), decrease defense.
  • Alchemists >> Demolishers

Wicked alchemists. They've sold their souls to obtain great powers and knowledge.
    Abilities: explosive bulb, deadly water (bulb), summon Bombram (Bomb+Ram: mechanical creatures powered by dark energy. They explode when stop near the enemy troops causing high damage)
  • Shamans >> Ritualists

High shamans who betrayed their clans to claim the power of spirits.
    Abilities: ranged attack causing fear (target steps sway to a nearest free hex), Ice Prison (weak ranged attack that surrounds a target with ice needles), Fire Quake (7hex fire-based attack), Lightning barrier (attacks all cells adjacent to target friendly unit), SACRIFICE (you must have some Adepts of Darkness with AP>0 to activate this skill. Spiritist and Adept summon skeletons around the target friendly unit and sacrifice it to Darkness. And darkness grants help to your army giving you reinforcements (adds troops to existing units from Army of Darkness). The more HP victim had and the more free cells were around it to summon skeletons - the more units would be summoned)
  • Dryads >> Ice Nymphs

Cold heart under cold skin.
    Abilities: Summon thorns (icy thorns), Song of Shiva (attacks all nemies and freezes 'em, 50% chance to freeze ally troops), Lullaby

Now you can download the mod from this forum.

KBMaster (by NyRe) which is required for Army of Darkness mod is also uploaded here. English version of the Interface mod is included.

Last edited by Lestas; 12-16-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

It will be great if you translate it (will be glad to help). By the way, this mod is for version 1.7?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

yup, this mod is made for KB 1.7
Old 12-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

o gosh, it looks GREAT!

if it would work, I would play it even untranslated...

The only thing that could possibly beat this MOD would be "HOMM"-ilize KB - so you would own your own castle (where you would choose type of castle) - so player (me...) would be able to hire undead army from the beginning.

(I was thinking to create half-way mod of changing the type of creatures in Mark's castle - but still it won't be mine castle - no feel of "home")

Great job Lestas!

EDIT: I would love to have Selletons instead of thorns summoned... they may not be human, but even plants live (or create even "undead/evil" version of thorns... )

Last edited by Gatts; 12-03-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Deathchill Thorns are frozen lifeless beings summoned by Ice Nymphs. And they can summon skeletons from the dead bodies (just like usual thorns summon thorns). I think that icy thorns suit Ice Nymphs much more then rotten ones.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestas View Post
Deathchill Thorns are frozen lifeless beings summoned by Ice Nymphs. And they can summon skeletons from the dead bodies (just like usual thorns summon thorns). I think that icy thorns suit Ice Nymphs much more then rotten ones.
That works! [I got just confused as the summon button looked the same as in original - at least on first sight]