Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Default Beta Patch – and we mean BETA!

It's here! There is no readme yet. The patch addresses a lot of small things, which will all be listed in the readme included with the patch once it goes live.

Main areas of improvement are performance and FPS. We’ve also updated sounds, fixed some minor bugs around aircraft etc.

We’re still optimizing some things as I write this, so the final patch should offer slightly better performance.

Before installing the patch, make sure that your game version is up to date. If you have disabled automatic updates in steam, re-enable it and allow steam to update the game to the most recent version which is 1.00.13820.

The patch will not work with an earlier version of Cliffs of Dover.

Download the patch and manually extract it to your main game directory which by default is
(Program Files)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Your new game version will be 1.00.13915. This patch will later be overwritten by an automatic update.

Note that while this version will allow you to play online with the older version, they are actually incompatible and you will run into issues. You do not have to report them.

http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofD...2COD_13915.rar

What to look for:
1. Changes in performance – please report whether it’s gotten better, and if so, by how much.
2. Any graphical bugs or glitches, especially with landscape, buildings and trees.
3. Any other unforeseen glitches and bugs.

PLEASE keep this thread ONLY for the discussion of the beta patch. Please do not re-report previously reported issues. Please do not use this as a Q&A thread or a flamewar thread or a feature request thread or a lamentation thread. Please keep it purely utilitarian. That’s what this beta patch is – a quick way to see if it does what it should without doing something it shouldn’t.

Thank you all for your support!

NOTE: This is the international version of the patch. It will not work with the Russian version. If you have purchased a Russian version of the game, download this instead:
http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofD...D_13915_ru.rar

Mirrors:

Eng
http://uploading.com/files/m21m18d1/IL2COD_13915.rar/
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0B7RW3N5

Rus
http://uploading.com/files/a21736c7/..._13915_ru.rar/
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O294JUXV

[Quick Note - 1845 Moscow time]

Some additional points:

1. Many of you reported being unable to run the game in full screen now. The issue is actually a WIP feature. Until today, CoD only supported a pseudo full screen mode, i.e. a stretched window with no borders. Post-patch we'll have three modes: window, pseudo full screen, and true full screen. We just don't have a GUI switch for it yet, and it can't set it right.
This will be addressed in the live version of the patch.

2. As the patch mainly addressed graphics, the performance gain should have been most noticeable on older machines. The faster your videocard, the less increase in FPS. Eventually your CPU becomes the limiting factor.

3. We do have some additional optimizations that didn't make the beta, like I said. Trees are now a bit faster, and we've optimized block loading, the periodic load-unload of large terrain swatches as you move across the map.

4. If you cannot launch the game, I don't have a fix at this time. We're trying to figure out why this may be happening. Probably a version mismatch somewhere, or it may be connected to the #1 above.
If you wish, you can downgrade to the earlier version by simply right-clicking the game in steam, selecting Properties, and then going to Local Files - Verify Integrity of Local Cache.

And the most important note. If you notice REDUCED performance, crashes, or any kind of other crippling issues, it is extremely important you post your system specs including your version of Windows. That's the only way we can troubleshoot your problem and make sure it disappears by tomorrow!

Thanks again everyone, please keep at it!

Last edited by nearmiss; 04-07-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Here are two mirrors, hope they will be faster:

Eng
http://uploading.com/files/m21m18d1/IL2COD_13915.rar/

Rus
http://uploading.com/files/a21736c7/..._13915_ru.rar/

If you know any faster place please let me know.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

Default patch

well ive downloaded and exstracted the patch to where the instructions told me to in steam i started my game up and i get the black square with a orange crosshair comes up like it should but after that nothink at all happens untill i install the old files back into the game then the game starts successfully

am i missing somethink or is this a error within the patch ?

And the most important note. If you notice REDUCED performance, crashes, or any kind of other crippling issues, it is extremely important you post your system specs including your version of Windows. That's the only way we can troubleshoot your problem and make sure it disappears by tomorrow!

Last edited by nearmiss; 04-07-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

These details are taken from Quick Mission 002 - Free Flight - England.mis in a Spitfire IIa

Framerates:
MIN - 0
MAX - 41
AVG - 13.17

Settings:
Model Detail - High
Buildings Detail - Low
Land Detail - Medium
Forest - Off
Visual Effects - High
Damage Decals - High
Buildings Amount - Low
Land Shading - Medium
Grass - Off
Shadows - On
Roads - On

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel Q6600 @2.40Ghz
Sapphire ATI Radeon 4870 512mb
4GB OCZ Gold DDR2 RAM
1TB Samsung Spinpont F1 HDD

Notes:
Very little improvement over previous version, if at all. Almost static at the start as everything loads in, and continuous stutter when flying over ground.

I will try again with every setting as low as it will go later.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Default Just as bad better prior to patch....

If running game in a res lower than desktop it will not fill the whole screen.
FPS & Stutters are worse. Unplayable

Win 7 64 Bit
i5 430m CPU
ATI 5650 GPU 1GB
4GB RAM
Old 04-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

no change here still stutters badly over land,fly ok over water.

quad 9650@3.8
nvidia480
ocz 120gig ssd
4gig ram
win7 64
Old 04-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Got abit worse for me over land and cities. Lost 5-10 fps over land and more stutters than before!

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

I have to say i cant tell,it looks like better above the water,the microstutters are gone,but try to fly campaign mission and its unplayable, so i would say its improvement but not enough so far to enjoy the game at its full potential.Hope the multicore fix will help.I think my weak point is the G card.
Also the sound was all wrong and sometimes the radio chatter i couldnt understand a word, please improve the sound too, i shouldnt hear metal clink of my bullets bouncing on a plane 400 meters away like it is in my cocpit.
I am on your side guys crossing fingers that all goes well for this sim but you dindnt know you had such a poor performance with the last build???dont tell me.

my rig is Q6600 oc 3G,4GB ram,GF 8800 GTS 512,Win 7 64 ult.
setting of game:lower res i forget how much the next option i got after my native 1680x1050 ,high aircraft, medium effects and particals, rest low or switch off.

Last edited by easytarget3; 04-07-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: forget something
Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Applied the patch, unfortunately don't see a great deal of difference, the stutters are still there. I changed settings from Medium, Med High and tried very lowest. Switched all trees, roads etc off and still getting the stutters however FPS does seem better. My bro has an i7, need to try it on his machine and see what kind of results I will get on that.

Thanks for the patch though, can see you guys are working very hard

My Rig

ATI HD Radeon 4870
Intel 2 Quad Q6600
4 GB DDR 2 Corsair 800MHZ
ASUS Commando
Windows 7 64 Bit
Old 04-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Average FPS has a little improvement(from 20 to fps30).Now it's playable
But still stutter above city &forrest.
1024*768 with medium setup.No grass, no road, no AA.
my rig:
i5 2500k+GTX 260+DDR3 4G 1600MHZ

Last edited by damar; 04-07-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Closed Thread