Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

Default Micro-Stutters

I just have a thought looking over some old threads I've posted regarding IL2CoD settings & performance back when we were struggling with making the beast take-off a few months ago, after the russian and then european release.

I keep hearing people complaining about microstutters, some of them with systems similar, or close enough with mine, and I didn't understood why, as I am not experiencing them at all, and that while running everything maxed out.

Have a look at this IL2 BoB - settings (it was for IL2 BoB which is the russian version of CoD) thread, please.

Have you guys disabled your Windows 7 paging file? Because Windows is known for using the swap file even if it has tons of memory free, and this might lead to the microstutters you all are complaining about..

PS: be warned though, you need at least 8 GB of memory to can do this in Windows 7 and play IL2CoD at the same time.

PPS: please note that also using IL2CoD max settings is needed in order to get rid of them (most importantly the unlimited buildings setting).

Last edited by adonys; 07-27-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

What an earth, why am I on your fanboy list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

LOL @Krupi!! fanboy, fanboy, fanboy!!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

windows paging file?
Old 07-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

I've added a link about how can you modify it for your Windows 7.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Approved Member

I tried this just now and here were my findings.

I disabled the windows paging file and then rebooted.

reboot went fine and all seemed normal.

I started the game (with UBI splash screen disabled)

the game started normally and i entered the London sight seeing tour ( Graphic settings on maximum with 1776x1000 res)

after load screen things seemed normal but then when i started flying around a bit i started noticing big flashes and graphic instability as things were rendering in the distance. The micro stutters were still there and it seemed to me that they even became a bit worse, but it was tough to tell with all the other flashing and craziness going on in the distance.

I then intentionally crashed into the bridge and upon hitting escape the game exited to windows and then would not let me get back into the game and then locked up when i tried to end the program from the task manager.

I then set it the paging file back to the way it was and rebooted again.

restated the game and things were back to there normal micro stutter selves with good fps (same settings as above).

Thanks for the tip but for me this didn't seem to help

thanks again
cheers
Old 07-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
What an earth, why am I on your fanboy list...
LOL
Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
LOL
lol
Old 07-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
LOL
Seriously I'm getting enraged by this accusation

Okay I admit I may have been a bit too defensive at times... but to be in a list with Carguy and David Hayward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Seriously I'm getting enraged by this accusation

Okay I admit I may have been a bit too defensive at times... but to be in a list with Carguy and David Hayward
i wouldn't take it too personally he may have read something you posted that disagreed with him personally and rage added you to the list its just his opinion. Its our own opinion of our self's that really matters at the end of the day.....................uh unless your a serial killer or something......... then i guess it doesn't matter if you think your a charming fellow or not lol well you get what i mean