Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

Default Non Linear throttle response

So far I have been trying the SPitfire and Hurricane but I can't get to grips with the throttle!

For whatever reason the throttle is non linear. I move my throttle (a Saitek Throttle Quadrant) and once it gets to around 40% position the Spit or Hurris throttle jumps forwards.

I can see this in the settings screen. How do I have a linear throttle response? I want the throttle on the screen to roughly match the position of my actual controller, I dont want it suddenly jumping right up!

This does not make for smooth flying. Anyone got any ideas how to 'fix' this?

Cheers.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

ive seen a few videos of the game and i noticed that there Engine RPM kept jumping up and down but i just put it down to the pilots uselessness but looks like i was wrong...

Looks like another bug on an ever lasting list atm
Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Change the 'Sensitivity' slider to 0 for the throttle axis.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

also look @ the 0% and 100% limits

need to set the top limit to 100%, as it defaults to 0%
Old 03-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

I have a G940 and had the same issue. Control-Options-Axes Category: Aircraft

I fixed it by having the throttle axis selected and then adjusting the 100% position to 1.00.

On the right you will see two bars 'Out: In:'

As you adjust the throttle I see In: go from 1:00 to -1:00 (0 centred) and Out: from 0 to 1.10.

With 100% Position at 0 I see the non-linear response where at In: 0.76 I see Out: 0.38 and then as I push the throttle forward Out: jumps up.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Solved: Grunch put me onto the right track.

There is no slider specifically marked 'sensitivity' but there are two called '0% position' and '100% position'.

For some reason (and I don't know if this is default) my throttle, and throttle only hasd a '100% position' figure of 0. I changed this to 90 (best for my throllte, experiment) and it works fine now.

thanks Grunch.

EDIT: Wolf is right on the money. You must have been typing whilst I was! Cheers.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Also Flashman, what you've described is common with Saitek throttle quadrants. If the above doesn't work then you could have dirt or debris in the quadrant itself. My quadrant goes nuts when moving through the 25% mark, no matter what game I'm playing. I haven't found the courage yet to take the quadrant apart and have a look inside.

http://www.tangmerepilots.co.uk/
Old 03-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
Also Flashman, what you've described is common with Saitek throttle quadrants. If the above doesn't work then you could have dirt or debris in the quadrant itself. My quadrant goes nuts when moving through the 25% mark, no matter what game I'm playing. I haven't found the courage yet to take the quadrant apart and have a look inside.
I took one of mine apart once because of spiking.... didnt help much! The Potentiometers are quite cheap and nasty and I couldnt clean mine or anything to make it work better.

I just bought a new one, though my original one was one of the very first (i preordered it before release) so its quite old and had a lot of use.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Oh, sorry! I mixed up the Throttle sliders with the ones for the stick. Noticed a bug whereby if you change the Aileron Sensitivity and click apply, then re-enter the Controls menu, one of the Throttle Position sliders is altered as well, must've got mixed up because of that.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Approved Member

here's a screenie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg settings a.jpg (306.6 KB, 87 views)