Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Default Su26

Any news about it?

Still waiting it since 03/31/2011 My COD stays in Stand-by. It's getting quite annoying since it has been removed at the last moment before the release.

Thx.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

You bought a second world war combat flight sim solely to use a modern stunt plane?
MOBO - MB-EVGA122CKNF68BR
RAM - ddr2 6gb @800mhz
GPU - nVidia geforce GTX 280 1gb
Old 11-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Titus View Post
You bought a second world war combat flight sim solely to use a modern stunt plane?
+1 No need at all IMHO. This is WW2 simulator, bring us WW2 planes.

Why not an AH-64H Apache?

CPU Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 -> OC 4 Ghz MB ASUS P6T Cooler Noctua NH-D14 Memory 12GB
GPU 2x nVidia 285 GTX 1GB SLI HD 2x SATAII WD VelociRaptor 150GB RAID 0
SB ASUS Xonar DS/DT 7.1 PSU Tagan 1100W OS W7 Ult.64 LCD LG W2284F-PF
TrackIR 3 Pro + Saitek X-52 + Saitek Pro Rudders Pedals + Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant + Saitek PcDash 2
Old 11-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeBrAnTo View Post
+1 No need at all IMHO. This is WW2 simulator, bring us WW2 planes.

Why not an AH-64H Apache?
Ahh, I like the "positive" and "open mind" way behind your words!

Sorry, but this is an excellent propeller plane sim, not only WWII. If people don't see far beyond it's not the problem of the rest of the simmers who want realistic planes in a realistic simulator instead of eye-cany planes in non realistic simulators.

Anyway, the more planes there will be, the more best seller will it be. Want it or not, civillian planes on civillian simulators sells more than combat planes in a combat simulator only. The key to survive is spread to more markets.

And talking about realism, some real flyers are expecting more realistic flight model effects to be implemented in CoD, like true P-Effect, and specially, PROPWASH, there's not only torque on a propeller plane! Hope all these will be implemented on future FM reworks!

Some of us already use 1946 as a serious training for real life aerobatics. Ki-27 behaves very similar to the plane I fly. So we also want this kind of real training in CoD.

Last edited by TUCKIE_JG52; 11-23-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKIE_JG52 View Post
Ahh, I like the "positive" and "open mind" way behind your words!

Sorry, but this is an excellent propeller plane sim, not only WWII. If people don't see far beyond it's not the problem of the rest of the simmers who want realistic planes in a realistic simulator instead of eye-cany planes in non realistic simulators.

Anyway, the more planes there will be, the more best seller will it be. Want it or not, civillian planes on civillian simulators sells more than combat planes in a combat simulator only. The key to survive is spread to more markets.

And talking about realism, some real flyers are expecting more realistic flight model effects to be implemented in CoD, like true P-Effect, and specially, PROPWASH, there's not only torque on a propeller plane! Hope all these will be implemented on future FM reworks!

Some of us already use 1946 as a serious training for real life aerobatics. Ki-27 behaves very similar to the plane I fly. So we also want this kind of real training in CoD.
HI Tuckie, I agree with you regarding the "economic" aspects of your words, and the FM modelled in the sim, no doubt at all about that.

Said that, what I do not consider a priority, neither should be for the devs, and I do not agree with, is to start including "extras" in a WW2 combat sim that needs to be deeply fixed first.

Once it is fixed, everything is running as expected and all the WW2 combat simmers are happy with the product they should be hands-free to spend as many efforts they consider adequate in order to bring aerobatic planes or even a 747 so they can steal Microsoft's FSX market into IL2 CoD if they want to, but until we reach that moment I think it is not serious to start other sub projects, they should focus on fixing the WW2 sim, that is what it is in the first term regardless if the FM is better or worse, or if it is good to make more profit on a non yet finished product or not, and first make customers who bought their longly expected WW2 combat flight sim happy.

I just built my home-made cockpit at home last month, and I would be really interested and could be asking for an additional feature implemented in the sim in order to get support for external gauges and not having to develop it by myself. Am I doing so?, No.

For me this would be more interesting than aerobatics which I'm am not interested about at all, but I think there are more important things that should be dealt with before starting dealing with particular or minority requests, that's all.

CPU Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 -> OC 4 Ghz MB ASUS P6T Cooler Noctua NH-D14 Memory 12GB
GPU 2x nVidia 285 GTX 1GB SLI HD 2x SATAII WD VelociRaptor 150GB RAID 0
SB ASUS Xonar DS/DT 7.1 PSU Tagan 1100W OS W7 Ult.64 LCD LG W2284F-PF
TrackIR 3 Pro + Saitek X-52 + Saitek Pro Rudders Pedals + Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant + Saitek PcDash 2

Last edited by KeBrAnTo; 11-23-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Maybe after Luthier and team get the physics and flight models ironed out. Only time will tell. Can't wait to shoot one down
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 10-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faucon View Post
Any news about it?

My COD stays in Stand-by. It's getting quite annoying since it has been removed at the last moment before the release.

Thx.
Soo u are saying u are not playing COD until SU26 arrives?

Is there not a FSX addon somewhere?
Old 10-18-2011, 02:22 PM
IamNotDavid

Quote:
Any news about it?

Still waiting it since 03/31/2011 My COD stays in Stand-by. It's getting quite annoying since it has been removed at the last moment before the release.

Thx.
You should buy Rise of Flight. The Sopwith Pup handles a lot like a Su26.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Any news about it?

Thx.
It's called a Spit. You hve some exta guns for free

(sry old joke)
Old 10-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
It's called a Spit. You hve some exta guns for free

(sry old joke)
I see, another blue whiner, never happy
Asus Xonar DX
Asrock 870 extreme3
Windows7 x64 Ultimate
Saitek X52pro (stick modded) - Saitek rudder pedals - SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset
Freetrack ps3eye
Samsung 23" SyncMaster XL2370