Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Arrow what is AB, SC,..,..

what sort of a bombs are AB or SC?

why most of the times my bombs doesnt explode? i set..nothing, or INSTANT..
specialy on f4u corsair, 500kg bombs, the never exploded. i did already some tracks. 1. few times i slice them on sea surface..they beautifully jumped to the ship...a never, never exploded..( 2. also i hitted board of the ship, the bomb goes inside the ship....and no explosion..

and also i dont know.., when i set airbrakes on STUKA and start to go straihgt down, after while bomb flyies away itself...so i cannt aim..., i never drop the bombe..she drop itself allways...

is there somwhere a manual? for new versions of Il2? also for mig 17.., missiles..and so..

thx!!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

Make sure your delay is set to 0. Bombs will explode normally on impact.

Given your comment here and in another thread, it seems that you are running a modded version or versions of IL2. Nothing wrong with that, a lot of us here run mods as well. The problem is, this is NOT the right forum to be asking for help with modded games. There's a Mod subforum here where you could ask questions, but the best place would be at the site where each mod is released from, like the SAS site, or HSFX forum, etc. In short, if you are running anything other than stock, unmodded IL2 4.11.1, you shouldn't be asking questions in here. Hope this helps.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

SC is general purpose bomb, AB are cannister bombs with lots of little bomblets in, for and area affect.

Re the Corsair bombing, low-level fuse arms your bombs instantly, otherwise with the other types of fuses they have to fall for 2 seconds to arm, thats why your bombs aren't working, there not arming.

Re the Stuka, you need to change the autodrop height setting in the bombsight, set it low, and then it won't affect your manual drop.

Last edited by fruitbat; 06-05-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:35 PM
What the heck...?

The Stuka automatically releases it's payload at a minimal altitude if the pilot doesn't do so soon enough during the dive. This is a safety feature to ensure the pilot doesn't fixate too long on the target and ends up augering in himself. Just be sure to have enough altitude when you start the dive and allow yourself enough time to aim properly before release. Learning to dive bomb accurately in the Stuka isn't easy at first. Like everything else about the sim, it takes patience and practice to get it right.

Last edited by Treetop64; 06-05-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

Additionally... in the Stuka you can set the altitude that you pull out at using the bomb control keys. Normally this is used for setting the level bombing altitude but it has an alternate function in the Stuka. I tend to set mine at 400 meters or in other words... nearly the last second but it depends on the bomb, the delay timer you have set, etc.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

thx a LOT for help. no i am using 4.11.1
Old 06-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Default bomb manual

is somewhere an complet manual for settings for bombs?

low, level, electric, delay.... its confusing.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

The information is in the 4.11 Guide:

--------------------------------
Bomb fuzes

Bomb fuze feature is made in such a way that if the new "Bomb Fuzes" difficulty option is turned off, bombs behave like in 4.09 (zero arming time). When diff. option is on, the arming UI has extra fuze type selection box and available detonation delay values are limited to the values available for the selected fuze.
Several historic fuzes are modelled and bombs now store a list of different fuzes that they can use. Complexity is hidden from the user by grouping the fuzes to few different groups so user doesn't need to learn several dozen of fuze names. Availability of fuzes even change by mission date. User only needs to select type of the fuze needed for the bombing task he is going to perform.

Instant

Required longer arming time/distance, but allows instant detonation (no long delays) or very very short delay of 0.1-0.5 seconds. Typical fuze for med/high-alt level bombing.

Low level

These fuzes are armed very quickly but the safety comes from delay. Usually doesn't allow delays below 4 seconds or so. Like the name says, these fuzes are suitable for low level attacks, but don't allow instant detonation for pilot's safety.

Delay

Generic fuzes that allow longer delays and have medium arming times. Something between types 1 & 2.

Long delay

Fuzes that allow very long delays like 90 seconds etc.
When player selects a loadout which has bomb, the fuze type selection box is populated with the fuze types that are available for the selected bombs. Not all bombs have all different types available. When the fuze selection is made, the fuze detonation delay selection box is populated with the available values that the fuze supports. The actual fuze selection is made automatically when the mission starts or user spawns in dogfight mission.
German electric fuzes are exception to this. These fuzes do not provide delay selection at all.
Fuze has three different modes that can be changed during flight. This requires a new mapping at the controls menu. Available modes are "instant", "short delay" and "long delay".
Detonation delay & arming time depend of the actual fuze type that is selected automatically.
Electric fuze circuits work so that if the fuze fails to arm on instant or short delay mode, it automatically reverts to long delay mode which needs lower arming time. 8 / 22

Generic fuze changes

In all previous IL-2 version, the selected detonation delay time was not propagated over the network. So other players that were not the "owners" of the bomb would always see visual effect of bomb exploding instantly when it hit ground. Actual invisible explosion (with killing effect) could happen even ten seconds after. In 4.11 the delay and everything else related to the bomb is propagated over network, so clients should see the effects in sync with the actual explosion.
4.11 introduces some changes to the bomb's penetrating effect which is related to the detonation delay. Bomb with instant detonation (zero delay) doesn't penetrate into ground or into target that it might hit and therefore its explosion is little different than if it would dig into ground/house/ship. Bomb digging into ground before exploding has slightly reduced "daisy cutter" effect, so its power against ground units is slightly reduced. In general you want to attack ground troops with zero delay or drop the bomb in so shallow angle that it doesn't dig into ground. Against houses and ships the penetration is desired effect. Bomb explosion makes more damage to confined space when it explodes inside it. Small bomb dropped on roof of a house might do only superficial damage to the roof if it explodes immediately and house it not destroyed. If the same bomb would penetrate the roof and explode inside the house, destruction is much more probable.
------------------------------------

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 06-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

ouuu thx for quick answer. you good.

now i understatd..some bomb are simply not armed in few minutes..

and what that electric? instant, short, long
Old 06-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

and what is the time for : instant. ow many minutes it needs to arm?
there should be some schema, exactly how it work. numbers.
they should put it into the game, in menu. russian chaos...