Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Why on EARTH would I pre-order from UBISOFT!!!

Lol... I thought ok you know what? I will go for the digital download. I believe maddox will get more money for digital downloads. Since its just software. No need to make a nice production etc. pressing of dvd's etc.

So i travel to ubisoft. And i click on preorder. oh nice submarine thingy for free. and whats this? ADD EXTENDED DOWNLOAD SERVICE for 8 euros...

WTF? I have to pay 8 euros so my game will be downloadable for a measly 2 years??? Without it I'm screwed if i forget to backup the game to dvd and my drive chrashes????

Screw you ubisoft I'll never going to buy from you now. I'll wait for steam or d2d or something else.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Registered Member

That's why i think I'll go with steam.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

steam is great
Old 03-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

The way things have been going, even if Monsieur Ubi himself delivered a hard copy of Cliffs of Dover to my door and offered to make me a plate of bacon and eggs as it installed. I think I'd still rather get it from Steam. Just to ensure that Ubisoft see no profit from me for their piss poor handling of the game.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Approved Member

So Ubi don't get any profit from team sales?
Do we know that Ubi are not handling DD?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

1C gets a bigger piece of the pie from Steam.

Steam won't expire your copy.

Unless Steam is late out of the gate that's where I'll be getting it from.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinda View Post
Lol... I thought ok you know what? I will go for the digital download. I believe maddox will get more money for digital downloads. Since its just software. No need to make a nice production etc. pressing of dvd's etc.

So i travel to ubisoft. And i click on preorder. oh nice submarine thingy for free. and whats this? ADD EXTENDED DOWNLOAD SERVICE for 8 euros...

WTF? I have to pay 8 euros so my game will be downloadable for a measly 2 years??? Without it I'm screwed if i forget to backup the game to dvd and my drive chrashes????

Screw you ubisoft I'll never going to buy from you now. I'll wait for steam or d2d or something else.
You will get a STEAM redeemable product key anyway so you can allways download it from your Steam account anyway, no need for the extended download service at all.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpymoo View Post
You will get a STEAM redeemable product key anyway so you can allways download it from your Steam account anyway, no need for the extended download service at all.
WOW are you absolutely certain about this? Do you have a source for me? I'm not sceptical by nature but I really want this game and on release and I can't think clearly when I want something very bad :p
Old 03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Steam features are integral part of the game, so you'll need to activate it on Steam regardless where you bought it (and you don't need any extended download service from other sources). However 1C will get more percentage of your money if you buy the game online than a boxed copy in a retail store if this matters for you
Old 03-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Thank you. ok you won me over. Weird though that steam is not advertising it yet although you will need steam to activate it, as you say.

Yeah I was going to download because I want maddox to get a bigger piece of the pie Furthermore I always lose my booklets and dvd's anyway so thats why i'm building my game library on steam.