Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Default Everyone CALM DOWN.

The near hysteria and panic displayed on these pages(and other forums) recently, is an embarassment to the flight sim community to say the least.

A lot of you people need to get a serious grip on reality.

The GAME (like all games) is experiencing a few hiccups prior to its launch in the West, SO WHAT?

Running round in circles bitching and stamping your feet like children on these forums will change exactly NOTHING.

Maybe you all want to give a bit more credit to the developers Oleg, Luthier and their team, for producing what looks like so far the most beautiful and complex flight sim yet produced.

None of the videos from end users I have seen so far have been anything other than stunning.

Any issues there are with the game can and will be gradually sorted out, like all new launches blips and hiccups will be sorted in various patches ... as they HAVE ALWAYS BEEN DONE by Oleg and team.

In a month or two people will look back shame facedly and wonder what all the fuss was about and possibly realise what arses they have made of themselves in front of the whole community.

Maybe you should check this rather good walk through in which the film maker mentions some shuddereing (as opposed to frame rate issues) which points to simple optimisation, bear in mind his system is a fairly modest one as well.

Tell me the in cockpit sequences are nothing short of stunning.

All you Chicken Littles out there ought to be ashamed of yourselves

Last edited by 123-Wulf-123; 03-28-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

I think that the most important thing is to buy the game at the release. Other than that you really shouldn`t say anything like that.

I myself wonder why 1C didn`t want to post some fly-by vids at medium settings. I agree every single user vid is stunning. Enough to promote the game IMO. Though they really need to make it playable. Everything else we have time for.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

I totally agree with you... allthough... its also good to let the developer what we are unhappy with...

ive been looking forward to this game for 6 years and by the looks of the game, i wont have the balls to bitch at it... yet

Last edited by TeeJay82; 03-28-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Approved Member

Eh? I'm calm, if slightly amused. Nice vid though. If I can only fly a solitary Blenheim over the briny and practice hitting freighters for the next year or so, I'll be happy enough.

Last edited by Feathered_IV; 03-28-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Agree 100%.

Spreading rumours or plainly false information, and crying them loudly, will not make this game progress by a millimeter, on the contrary.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Tvrdi

Wulf...nobody panicked....but the game in current state is barely playable even on high end systems...multiplayer unplayable as long as you have more than few planes in the air..that is from a review of my friend who is a beta tester and whom I trust...

I hope that RO...COD would be fixed soon...eheheheheheh

Last edited by Tvrdi; 03-28-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

I did a slight edit....while it has been bad enough here, there are some other forums where some people have gone way over the top(people that frequent these forums).

Definitely a lot of Chicken Littles making arses of themselves lol.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

he calls it a 'few hiccups'

you calm down..
Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

I will buy it on the release date. I am just not shure if I should buy it on Steam or in the store. Sometimes the Steam versions of game doesnt get the same update as the retail version.
Or will this be the same? Anyone who knows for sure?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

music was a bit load, couldnt hear much about what you were saying which wasnt helpful, but, beaufighter is pronounced 'Bowfighter' not 'Boofighter' and Bow as in Bow tie, not Bow of a ship.
still it was good to see something of the options thanks..