Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Default Some tabloid employees among us?

Dear community fellows,

I'm starting to be really p***d off. Some people here jumps on every dead horse to prove that CoD is a lemon. Multi-core, 64 bit, all sort of forum rubbish is thrown in quickly and heartily as a certain and definitive piece of information.
Some people look even taking a big pleasure in this, and instead of VERIFYING BY THEIR OWN BEFORE POSTING RUBBISH they put the blame on Luthier & Oleg, leaving them the task of demonstrating that lies are lies, rubbish is rubbish, false information is false. We know the game: throw shite, and let the poor chap cleaning the mess. Some shyte stains will stay on their work. Too easy, and unfair. Tabloids stuff.

Well, it time that this community shows some solid support to Luthier, and respect for the team who worked hard to bring us this (future) masterrpiece of simulation.

I HIGHLY RESPECT THE WORK OF PEOPLE LIKE LUTHIER, PUTTING THEIR PROFESSIONAL CREDIBILITY AT STAKE on such a complex simulation, done with limited budget.

I HIGHLY DISRESPECT PEOPLE throwing disinformation, unverified rumors and selling them as absolute facts. They hijack the forum's positive energies. The multicore issue is an exemple. I WON'T TOLERATE THIS ANYMORE.

Luthier and team, keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Insuber
Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

Spot on but now there are too many if these threads, im going to make a "I'm cancelling my pre-order" thread to restore some balance

Either that or wait for tree to start spreading his false information in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Spot on but now there are too many if these threads, im going to make a "I'm cancelling my pre-order" thread to restore some balance

Either that or wait for tree to start spreading his false information in this thread...
Or you will put a shotgun in my face... like you posted earlier??
Old 03-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

In what way does this as-yet unreleased game not work, then? Other than not being released of course. There are some pretty hefty bugs, but will they be present on Thursday, that is the question?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
In what way does this as-yet unreleased game not work, then? Other than not being released of course. There are some pretty hefty bugs, but will they be present on Thursday, that is the question?
Well the western market is stuck with the epilepsy filter, it appears thats a done deal for us we wont get the option to disable apparently. But like you say Thursday could see a whole change but I have to say that it would be a tremendous effort if they resolve the problems by then.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Not much they can do about the epilepsy filter I guess. Ubi's decision. Interesting that something that apparently affects between 0.015-0.025% of the human population could suddenly be so important. Here's hoping. Luthier's post on sukhoi.ru looks encouraging, with the source of the micro-freezes and the freezes as aircraft approach having been discovered and worked on for a patch this week sometime.

Last edited by TheGrunch; 03-28-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

This is a forum.

forum /ˈfɔːrəm/
▶noun (pl. forums)
1- a meeting or medium for an exchange of views.

If you can't report and discuss issues (or supposed issues) here, then it's not a forum anymore. The fact is at this time, this game has potential, but is crippled with technical issues. As long as the posts are not offensive, I don't see the problem.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAdrien View Post
This is a forum.

forum /ˈfɔːrəm/
▶noun (pl. forums)
1- a meeting or medium for an exchange of views.

If you can't report and discuss issues (or supposed issues) here, then it's not a forum anymore. The fact is at this time, this game has potential, but is crippled with technical issues. As long as the posts are not offensive, I don't see the problem.
The problem is to isolate real problems from false problems. Someone here is spreading FALSE and UNVERIFIED information, without taking 5 minutes to check them. That's not the purpose of a forum, we are not a tabloid.

And wasting everyone's time is very offensive.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

Kinda odd that nobody's yet to blame steam for the problems. I mean why blame oleg, luthier and ubi only when we can spread the hate even more!

I'll start:

I heard a guy translated a russian review in wich they declared that steam drops the fps by 20% on low end machines. Combine that with the ubi filter that drops it buy 35%, oleg's color corrections by 25% and luthier's flying hat by 15% we're left with 5% of the intended fps! I'm going to cancel all my preoders and buy random game X instead!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Tree_UK

Surely selling a game that doesn't work is false information, I mean these things do work both ways dont they??