Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Default Ouch! It's official, no dynamic campaign.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...9/m/5151024809

Ouch! ouch! ouch! This REALLY spoils my party a bit. Being mainly an offliner this is not good news. Don't get me wrong, a good scripted campaign is really appreciated but no squad mates/management etc. It all goes out the door. Guess that the "constant multiplayer" thingie might be what holds this together otherwise I'm actually inclined to wait for an update/add-on dynamic campaign before I buy this game. Never thought I would say it. Ever!

Really holding my thumbs for the multiplayer component now otherwise this might be a VERY hollow release. Also never thought I would be a whiner but there you go.

*The glass is half-full! the glass is half-full! happy thoughts!*
Old 02-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Bummer
Old 02-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Sad day... dynamic campaigns were what got me into il2 in the first place....

hope online is THAT good....

bah.... depressed now
Old 02-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Did Il-2 have the dynamic campaings at release?
Old 02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royraiden View Post
Did Il-2 have the dynamic campaings at release?
No I think it was implemented when Forgotten Battles arrived.

Stock Il2 just had scripted campaigns.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

Then we shouldnt be alarmed,well at least not so much.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwede View Post
No I think it was implemented when Forgotten Battles arrived.

Stock Il2 just had scripted campaigns.
That's correct. I just had high hopes that the "game element" of CoD would be better than the previous titles. I know of course that Luthier and Co will stun us with a superbly scripted campaign with some new elements incorporated but still....it bugs me.

I wish there would be some kind of happy medium where dynamic and scripted would blended together and offer the best of two worlds. For example, everything is played out historically day by day BUT you have control over your squadron, loadouts, type of mission to be conducted and maybe some superficial management overall. Maybe one day...
Old 02-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Well, isn't IL2 Cliffs of Dover multiplayer the new, "dynamic campaign, " if you will? What need is there of a dynamic campaign when you can have a persistent campaign online, that can go on for weeks or longer, against real people? Seems a lot more exciting than going against AI.

Last edited by NEWGUY; 02-03-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWGUY View Post
Well, isn't IL2 Cliffs of Dover multiplayer the new, "dynamic campaign, " if you will? What need is there of a dynamic campaign when you can have a persistent campaign online, that can go on for weeks or longer, against real people? Seems a lot more exciting than going against AI.
Because there are people who have either not the time or inclination for multiplayer, including myself.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

To say I am disappointed that there's no dynamic campaign upon release would be an understatement. However, I am not surprised, especially considering Luthier's recent hinting of a love story in the campaign. I can't really see how that might happen in anything other than a static, scripted campaign format.

For now, I'll just hope that we'll get a nice dynamic campaign at a later date, as was the case with Forgotten Battles. Frankly, for campaigns, I prefer plausible dynamically generated "what if" scenarios in historical settings over strict recreations of actual battles. For me, the latter is better for "Single Missions" like IL-2 had. Let the campaign begin with whatever resources and manpower were available to Britain and Germany in the summer/autumn of 1940 and then let a nice, robust campaign generator allow the chips to fall where they may.

Last edited by Necrobaron; 02-03-2011 at 08:24 PM.