Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

Post "Adventure" Mod

King's Bounty: "Adventure" Mod

What is this:

This is a mod based on the "Orcs on the March" campaign. It's purpose is to rebalance some things, while adding some new content.

What's new:

Version 1.1

(Changes with (*) require restart)

General:

-(*)Added the possibility to own a castle on Debir
-(*)Bogard is now also a trader (can sell you some stuff)

Spells:

-Doom (Reduced mana cost)
-Call Nature (Increased leadership of summoned units)
-Avenging Angel (Increased damage/Reduced duration)
-Summon Phoenix (Weakened/Reduced mana cost)
-Dragon of Chaos (Weakened/Reduced mana cost)

Skills:

-Wisdom (Mana: +8/+16/+24)
-Linguistics (Intellect: +2/+4/+6)
-Destruction (Power to destruction spells: +20%/+45%/+75%)
-Voice of the Dragon (Animals and Dragons gain: +1 Morale/+1 Morale and Initiative/+1 Morale, Initiative and Speed)
-Switched places of Meditation and Holy Light

Units:

-Increased power of Inquisitors' "Resurrection" talent
-Repair Droids' "Repair" talent tweaked
-Paladins' "Prayer" talent tweaked
-Champions slightly rebalanced

Other Fixes:

-Reduced requirements for certain medals
-Bonuses should now affect new units normally
-(*)Increased pet dragon's rate of advancement (returned to normal)

Version 1.0

-Somewhat rebalanced Pet Dragon
-All medals can now go up to 5th level
-3 new units and 3 new items
- Other changes:
* Increased difficulty (Enemy Strength, Boss Health and Attack) on Hard and Impossible levels (Though increased Money Income)
* Weakened Paladins' "Prayer" and Repair droids' "Repair" talents
* Increased health of Fauns

How to install:

If you have version 1.0, then just replace all the files with those in 1.1!

1. Download "adventure.rar" file
2. Copy "adventure.rar" to "sessions" folder in your installation directory
3. Right click on the "adventure.rar" and select "Extract to adventure\" (Now you should have a folder named "adventure" containing the files from "adventure.rar")
4. Now you can select all the .png files of the new units and copy them in your installation directory (where your kb.exe file is). Having bunch of additional files in your
installation folder can be a little messy, but if you don't put them there, new units won't be showed in Main Menu (In "Load" window)
It's your choice so do whatever suits you better.
-----------------------------------------------
5. Start Kings Bounty (kb.exe)
6. Press "Change" button and choose ""Adventure" Mod"
7. Start New Game, allow it to restart and the rest should be easy

Screenshots:

Download:

Version 1.1:http://www.mediafire.com/?cs0mz6c9bzicnkc
Version 1.0:http://www.mediafire.com/?1z4i6q21v1lwbzj

Let me know if you want me to upload somewhere else.

Other Notes:

*This is considered a new campaign, so you will have to start a new game. This mod will not, nor can affect any of your other saved games.
*I have created this mod on the newest (1.3.1) version, so it is unlikely that it is compatible with the older versions.
*Credits for Main Menu interface files (.ui) goes to the creator(s) of the Russian mod "Красные пески" ("Red Sands").
*If I messed something up, I'm counting on you to let me know.

Last edited by bladeking77; 05-25-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Wow, what an effort! I'll give it a shot as soon as possible, and interject my thoughts here later. I especially like the idea of new creatures (that they are palette swaps doesn't bother me when it's fan-made) and additional medal levels.

Last edited by Metathron; 05-14-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

It's great to see such mod.

One question : it's the final version of your mod ?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by saroumana View Post
It's great to see such mod.

One question : it's the final version of your mod ?
No, I'm still working on some new stuff and improvements, so I'll release newer version(s) later.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

First of all, thanks for your work!
It's been a while since we got, actually released mod.

Right now, I'm trying it it out and I think i found small bug: Royal Griffins ability that boosts human morale doesn't work on new archer unit.

Edit: One more thing: Could you post a bit more detailed info about rebalance changes you've made?

Last edited by Adanedhel; 05-11-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
First of all, thanks for your work!
It's been a while since we got, actually released mod.

Right now, I'm trying it it out and I think i found small bug: Royal Griffins ability that boosts human morale doesn't work on new archer unit.

Edit: One more thing: Could you post a bit more detailed info about rebalance changes you've made?
Thank you for reporting that bug. I'll definitely fix it.

I'll try to list all the changes I can remember, as soon as possible.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Damn and i just finished impy`s save with 89int mage Kinda hoped to take some break from this game, but Nooooo you had to throw this new mod at us
Great idea for new units, medals 5th lvl i like, also stronger enemy on higher lvl of difficulties.
Couple of questions before i try it out :
1) Does it work with other mods ? I have TheRider`s equilibrium mod already runing with no problems, so i ask will it interfere and cause problems.
2) Why weakened Paladins prayer ? To nerf units blackies, droids and fauns were good choice, rune mages also could use some lowered bonuses from unused runes. Paladin already have weakest resurrection talent in all game, why lower it more?
3) More gold on harder lvl`s arent much needed. Could you tell me where to change pet dragons nerf on hard/impossible 30% less exp is really bugging me. Harder enemy-no prob, less gold-no prob, but i like to use that dragon cub much. So no need to change anything in your mod, i`ll try to do it just in my game.
4) You missed new unit archer in quick draw skill +att/initiative for range units, and in morale bonus from royal griffins, and in items all bows +att/dmg to archer units. Azure dragon in Voice of dragon skill (+2 morale), also azure dragon in morale file - relation to lizards and royal griffin, and again azure dragon in items dragon hearth, dragon eye.
5) Maybe mistake, but astral res missing in guardian angel medal. Or you removed it on purpose?
6) Did you plan that some1 at all get all medals on 5th lvl ? Those cast requirements are insane (1600 for guardian angel, 1400 fire mage, 400 iron warrior for warrior that`s pretty high, 1200 for holy knight also to much).
7) I checked my 2 warrior saves and in both had 22-23 lizard units killed for medal, in your mod there is no way to get 5th lvl with 30 killed units requirements. For mage no prob orc units aplenty, paladin i`m not sure havent played her long time.
8 ) Blind rage 5th lvl also i think impossible to achieve. Highest i managed in over 10 play through was 34K rage used. 45K for 5th lvl in your mod a bit to much.
9) Did you change something with 50+ lvl leadership/runes gain. With more exp with 4-5th lvl treasure searcher, and stronger enemy on high lvls i expect more lvls with your mode, so i ask it.
10) Ancient ring great, War hammer so-so, Storm pike is hilarious idea Maybe to change it to all lvl 1 units ?

Also i took a look at contents of adventure.rar and damn That`s allot of files, i`m guessing you didnt make this on 1 free weekend I guess you know your way around here.
Another question not connected to your mod is this, i had idea to add rune mage bonus from runes to some other units, but couldnt figure out how. Do you have some clue how to manage this ? Might runes to dmging talents (flaming arrow, circle attack, rain of fire etc), mind runes to give bonus to heal/revive talents, and magic to lets say magic axes, or demonologist summoning. All bonuses something like 50% on 10 runes, also i thought to lower rune mages bonuses to this value (10mind runes give 180% bonus to respawn, that`s just sick). There are skills to buff up all undead,all archers, all summoner units and on other side only 1 unit in all game gets stronger talents depending on unused runes (rune mage). Not fair to other units in game that dont get any bonuses at all

Holy c..p, i just tried mod and pet dragon only 60% exp on impossible I really hope you gave it stronger skills, since late game pet is anyway useless as dmg, only for mana/chests.

Couple more things i wonder :
Any idea for +% poison dmg, like hell breath. This would be great help for Shetera island.
+rage medal for warrior have 3 support spells, and 1 dmg-ghost blade which is totally out of place here. I replaced it with precision. And for fire mage, instead hell breath to replace with fire rain, makes sense to me. Any thoughts ?
Since archmage magic shield counts for guardian angel medal, how about adding other unit talents to other medals ? Second wind/orc commander for iron knight, and respawn/prayer for holy knight. To give some chance for warrior/paladin class to get 4-5 lvl medals( i`m asking how to do this, since i`m not sure).
How to change ravens need for 200 thorn seeds ? To lower it to 100 maybe, since this way i get 3 ancient scrolls and then feed him to my troops

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 05-14-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

After playing a bit, you should have release it in a mod (specially in KB_master's format) instead of new campaign.
It will be comptatible with others mods.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

@Fatt_Shade:

1) I think that it would not work with other mods, but if two mods have no files in common (example: one has "hero.txt" and the other has "logic.txt") then they should work fine together, and if two mods have some files in common (both have "hero.txt") then the game would load only one file ("hero.txt") and the mods would not work properly, or not work at all. I'm not sure my mod would work with the equilibrium mod, but you can try.
2) I got the idea that paladins are slightly overpowered (Paladins + Phantom spell (+enough mana) = Infinite Resurrection), but if it is not so, I can return it back to normal. Anyway, I intend to tweak their "Prayer" skill a little in the newer version.
3) Everything about difficulty is located in the "logic.txt". Dragon experience should be this line: "spexp=0.5|1.0|1.15|1.4". The reason I increased dragon experience requirement (And WEAKENED some of his skills) is because I think that Pet Dragon should only serve as a support, and you should use your army and spells (and your mind, of course) to beat your enemies.
4) Yeah, I missed a lot of stuff for the new units. Hopefully I'll fix them all in the future.
5) I'm not sure why the astral resistance got removed. I'll look into it.
6,7,8 ) Default medal level is 3, so from there on, it's only a bonus for you... Anyway, I'll try to tweak them into being more reasonable.
9) I realize that in my mod you can reach higher level, but I didn't yet calculate how would that affect the higher levels, so I didn't change anything.
10) Of all the 1st level units, only Peasants are able to wield a trident(pike), so I would have to change the item in whole...

Most of the files in "Adventure.rar" are from Orcs on the March, so I didn't edit that many files. It took me about a week (and a lot of experience gained from previous (failed)modding) to make this mod.

Well they are called "Rune Mages" because they gain bonuses from Runes. It's possible and maybe not too hard to add bonuses from runes to other units, but it would require editing .lua files, which isn't very good for health.

I have a couple of Ideas on how to make a %poison damage, but it is somewhat complicated, and depends on what you want to make: Spell, Skill, Unit Talent...

If you want to change the spell requirements for medals go to "medals.txt" then go to which medal you want to edit and replace: "spells_used-[name_of_the_spell]"
with:
"spells_used-[name_of_the_spell_you_want]"
You have to replace it at a number of places, and I haven't tested this, so I can't promise you anything, but you can try it.

When it comes to medals, they use global variables (like "magic_shield_used" which is the number of times you used Magic Shield), and I'm not sure whether it's possible to make new global variables or not.
If it is then I'm going to check out how, and let you know how to change Talent use requirements for medals.

I'm not sure what raven are you talking about, if you can specify it further.

@saroumana:

It's not a bad idea, but even if I did release it in a form of a mod, you still would have to restart the game for most of the changes. The only benefit would be that it would affect all campaigns (if that is a benefit).
Old 05-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Yes i know, we'll have to restart a new campaign, it's normal, everything is generated at the begining of a new game.

I just regret my unit modification mod i could not use with your mod

I have see champion and archer for now.