Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

Default ps3 cross game chat coming soon!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/...#comment-37919

The response from Sony to a persons question about xgc in 3.10.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

I hope not.

Big games already have too many people talking at once about things that have nothing to do with the game... now they'll be talking to people that aren't even in the game.

Cross-game chat is one of those things that ps3 users pined for but if it happens, everyone will forget it's there. Just like in-game music folder, which was enabled long before most people knew it (by the release of High Velocity Bowling, at the latest). I think people want that cross-game chat just because the xbox has it.

But we've got some green grass on the ps3 side of the fence too, a few that come to mind from posts on these forums are screenshots and region-free games.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

We do have some sweet features (and in-game music is used by a lot of people, but mainly on racing games), but unfortunately, because certain big publishers don't like to be made to look crap, the features weren't enabled by default and instead have to be implemented specifically by the developers...

I wish more developers would implement the automatic capture and upload to YouTube. That is the sweetest feature IMO, but the only game I know of that uses it so far is Pixel Junk Eden. Imagine how cool that would be to have in BoP? But then BoP is commendable as one of the few to implement the screenshot feature.

But I agree with you - I would rather they sorted out same game comms before worrying about cross-game comms. I spend most of my time muting kids anyway - does this mean I'll have to mute more? lol
Old 11-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
We do have some sweet features (and in-game music is used by a lot of people, but mainly on racing games), but unfortunately, because certain big publishers don't like to be made to look crap, the features weren't enabled by default and instead have to be implemented specifically by the developers...

I wish more developers would implement the automatic capture and upload to YouTube. That is the sweetest feature IMO, but the only game I know of that uses it so far is Pixel Junk Eden. Imagine how cool that would be to have in BoP? But then BoP is commendable as one of the few to implement the screenshot feature.

But I agree with you - I would rather they sorted out same game comms before worrying about cross-game comms. I spend most of my time muting kids anyway - does this mean I'll have to mute more? lol
I would love xgc, not only does it give you the ability to only talk to friends and never hear the whiny kids who are online, but the Battlefield games on ps3 have a lot of mic problems. And I for one play them a lot. Usually I can't hear my friends at all so with xgc playing bf with friends would make it even more addicting.
bfbc2 beta in two days!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I wish more developers would implement the automatic capture and upload to YouTube. That is the sweetest feature IMO, but the only game I know of that uses it so far is Pixel Junk Eden.
Pain and Rag Doll Kung Fu, also. I expect the game has to be graphically low-key enough for the Cell to spare an spe for the job.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
YouTube. That is the sweetest feature IMO, but the only game I know of that uses it so far is Pixel Junk Eden. Imagine how cool that would be to have in BoP? But then BoP is commendable as one of the few to implement the screenshot feature.
HAWX has this.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I wish more developers would implement the automatic capture and upload to YouTube. That is the sweetest feature IMO, but the only GOOD game I know of that uses it so far is Pixel Junk Eden.
Fixed