Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Spirits of Rage

Spirits of Rage All information about Spirits of Rage

Old 11-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

Default Question about TIME BACK rage power

So I assumed that Time Back just warped a troop back to the POSITION that they were standing on during the previous turn (as it says in the game), and that it was basically used to stall enemy melee troops from closing in.

Then I read a thread that described it as the best rage in the game, saying that it was like a resurrection as well, bringing the troop back to its original number of units as well as changing its physical position (thus making it much more useful for friendly troops versus enemies). Can anyone confirm that this is how it works, or just describe exactly what it does? I've been improving it on level ups and I'm hoping I'm not wasting my level improvements.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

It is indeed the best rage skill in the game. Here's a short list of what it does:

Returns the stack to the hex that it was standing on at the beginning of the previous turn.
Restores the stack's health and # of units to what they were at the beginning of the previous turn.
Restores the stack's charges and reload times to what they were at the beginning of the previous turn.
Restores any buffs and debuffs to what they were at the beginning of the previous turn. (Including Glot's Armor, hint hint)

So an example usage of Time Back:

Turn 1
Send Griffins forward to attack a unit. Counterattack all melee units. Cast Sacrifice on the Griffins to boost one of your stacks.

Turn 2
Attack with the Griffins again. Counterattack all melee units. Cast Sacrifice on the Griffins to boost one of your stacks. Use Time Back on the Griffins.

Turn 3
Victory!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

Wow.
So you can basically waste them for 2 full turns and then cast it and they'll revert to when you started the battle (granted that the 2 full turns are the first of the battle)?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

Oh, I almost forgot. If you use Time Back at the end of turn 2, you'll also get the initiative bonus from Onslaught at the beginning of turn 3 because the unit is treated as if it is turn 1 for them. This can be important for getting one more strike against black dragons, etc.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

I couldn't describe it better, even better than griffs are specialize (Onslaught, Ironfist ) knights with circle attack, teleport them in the right place let them surround or just released circle attack, at the beginning of turn 2 use time back on knights then teleport them again and use once again circle attack with army of evil beholders, archers, elves, hunters (with telescope) it is working great.
Timeback give you a lot of tactic use while mage can leave without it is a must for warriors.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

This thread elicited an evil laugh from me as I read it.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Wow!

I thought Time Back was useless and hence didn't use/develop it at all in the last game.

I guess I will have to start a new game!

As an aside, so what would you not develop in the Reaper skill tree? Soul Drain? Black Hole?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

It depends on your class. Mages probably shouldn't upgrade soul drain (probably only to the point where it kills 30% for 20 rage) OR black hole (potentially not even past the first upgrade, it gets really expensive pretty fast) too far, as it starts to cost too much rage for them. Warriors can more or less ignore rage drain because they will be getting plenty of rage from other sources. I can't say for Paladin, though (I've never played as one, preferring to either have awesome magic or awesome troops and not a weaker version of both).

On another note, I too ignored time back for most of first game, until I found out how amazing it is, you are not alone.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBarca View Post
Wow!

I thought Time Back was useless and hence didn't use/develop it at all in the last game.

I guess I will have to start a new game!
Likewise!

I've just completed the game with my warrior and never used Time Back!

I'll start again now with Mage or Paladin (can't decide yet ...)
Old 03-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

It is essential with Black Dragons. They only take 1-2 losses during a heavy fight, but as you cannot use sacrifice or rez on them (totally immune to magic/spells, even beneficial ones)... TIME BACK is the only way to preserve them and avoid losses.

This is not the only application. You can also use it on a unit after it unleashed a devastating attack, e.g. a Red Dragon breathing over some 4-5 units.

One of the best uses is the combo of Sacrifice + Time Back of course.

But you do not NEED to use this ability.
This game allows different ways and strategies how to tackle enemy groups, you can have different armies, different tactics, based on your class and preferences.

This, besides the beautiful graphics and funny dialogue and story, is what makes King's Bounty such a great game. It was created with a lot of love and passion, besides inheriting the strong gameplay of the old King's Bounty / HOMM series.

Really, most recent A-level games usually bore me to hell or are just overhyped, King's Bounty and Mount & Blade were definitely my favorite games of 2008/09 so far.