Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Default vsync fails with conf.ini specified resolution

I can set my IL-2 1946 resolution to 1280x1024 successfully by using the conf.ini file; this is my TFT monitor's native resolution. Most of the time vsync fails as this resolution, but not always. At 1280x960 vsync works nearly every time (it fails very rarely). I enable vsync using the nvidia control panel, of which I'm very familiar. I'm running 2x7800gt (oc'ed) in SLI using forceware 163.71. I've tried later drivers and the nvodngov's but this seems the overall best I've used with my rig. Any advice?

BTW, I use a TIR and tearing ruins the effect and makes the sim unplayable, so I must have vsync. Thanks for reading.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFamilyMan View Post
I can set my IL-2 1946 resolution to 1280x1024 successfully by using the conf.ini file; this is my TFT monitor's native resolution. Most of the time vsync fails as this resolution, but not always. At 1280x960 vsync works nearly every time (it fails very rarely). I enable vsync using the nvidia control panel, of which I'm very familiar. I'm running 2x7800gt (oc'ed) in SLI using forceware 163.71. I've tried later drivers and the nvodngov's but this seems the overall best I've used with my rig. Any advice?

BTW, I use a TIR and tearing ruins the effect and makes the sim unplayable, so I must have vsync. Thanks for reading.
Did you set saveaspect to 0?

If you didn't you can run into some odd problems, especially for planes with mirrors.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

I found a solution to the problem that I was having with vsync and a non-preset resolution (and also with the presets on occasion). In the nvidia control panel for 3d application settings, the 'triple buffer' setting setting causes the problem. If it's set to 'double buffer', tearing is never a problem when vsync is enabled regardless of the resolution. I haven't noticed any fps performance issues with these settings. Excuse my dredging here, but others may find this info helpful. Enjoy!
Old 06-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Tripple Buffer to Double Buffer? How do you do that and what driver versions are you using?
Old 06-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
Tripple Buffer to Double Buffer? How do you do that and what driver versions are you using?
In the nvidia control panel for driver 175.16 using Advanced Settings: 3D Settings->Manage 3D setting->Program Settings->IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles + Ace Expansion Pack->Feature->Triple Buffering->Setting->off

Essentially, if you don't enable triple buffering, you use double buffering which is the default. Sorry about any confusion about the feature names in my OP.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

Ahaaa!

Now I also know what "Vsync fails" means though you have to run vsync in order to play the game.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFamilyMan View Post
I found a solution to the problem that I was having with vsync and a non-preset resolution (and also with the presets on occasion). In the nvidia control panel for 3d application settings, the 'triple buffer' setting setting causes the problem. If it's set to 'double buffer', tearing is never a problem when vsync is enabled regardless of the resolution. I haven't noticed any fps performance issues with these settings. Excuse my dredging here, but others may find this info helpful. Enjoy!
Thanks a million! Was searching the net for a solution and stumbled across this. Works perfectly too!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

Default Word of tnx FROM FUTURE !

Simply as this. I registred on this forum, just to say: THANK YOU SIR !

This proplem was causing me so much headdache, that it is hard even to imagine.
I saw when you posted this topic and i know you maybe wont see it again,
but if you do, i have to say again: MANY THANKS !