Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb Is It Time To Change The Name ??

Hi all,

Cliffs of Dover. I never liked that title. With all the improvements, is it time to change the name?

And would this help sales?

Best Regards,
MB_Avro
Old 10-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Maddox Sims: Unternehmen Seelöwe
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

"Clovercliffs. Pounding of community". Or "The Patches of uselessness".
Old 10-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkandrachoff View Post
Maddox Sims: Unternehmen Seelöwe
Like, alternative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
"Clovercliffs. Pounding of community". Or "The Patches of uselessness".
Are you mental?

The title will be changed on release of sequal right? Like old IL2?
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

The title will change when we buy the Sequel, and every Sequel after that. The trials and tribulations will soon be forgotten if the Sequels a success. It will then be just the Channel Map working on a more finished game engine and features. It will also be forgotten if the Sequels a failure, as the development and COD will die, unless the mod community can revive it.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
The title will change when we buy the Sequel, and every Sequel after that. The trials and tribulations will soon be forgotten if the Sequels a success. It will then be just the Channel Map working on a more finished game engine and features. It will also be forgotten if the Sequels a failure, as the development and COD will die, unless the mod community can revive it.

I don't see that as a possibility at all, there is just way too much interest in the brand.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

In the corporate world, if a company has performed badly, directors know if they change the name, the old name takes the old problems with them .. sometimes. New name = new company ??? (so directors hope! )

I think 1C should change CLOD to "IL2 : Battle of Britain" .. then re-release "IL2 - Battle of Moscow, IL2 - Battle of Britain & IL2 - Spanish Civil Air War" as a triple combo.

.....--oOo-- --oOo-- HE-111 --oOo-- --oOo--.....
========================================
-oOo- Intel i7-2600K (non-clocked) -oOo- GA-P67A
-oOo- DF 85 full tower -oOo- 1000W corsair
-oOo- 8 GB 1600Hz -oOo- 2 x GTX 580 1.5M (295.73)
-oOo- 240 SSD -oOo- W7 64bit
-oOo- PB2700 LED 2560 x 1440 6ms 60Hz -oOo-
========================================
Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by He111 View Post
In the corporate world, if a company has performed badly, directors know if they change the name, the old name takes the old problems with them .. sometimes. New name = new company ??? (so directors hope! )

I think 1C should change CLOD to "IL2 : Battle of Britain" .. then re-release "IL2 - Battle of Moscow, IL2 - Battle of Britain & IL2 - Spanish Civil Air War" as a triple combo.

That makes sense to me
Old 10-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
I don't see that as a possibility at all, there is just way too much interest in the brand.
Possible? The development is barely surviving now. COD was not a success and never came close to covering the development costs. That said its unlikely it would have anyway, as the development costs had risen too high for the initial release in the series to cover them.. If the Sequel doesn't make a significant improvements it will also fail. How long do you think IC will continue to throw millions at the development with little return. Interest? There may be interest, but the forums are full negativity that would drive anyone that may have had a budding interest in the series away. Luckily the series could easily be reborn if the Sequel addresses most of the game engines issues, all the past angst would soon be forgotten.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by He111 View Post

The development has already decided not to use IL-2 Battle of Britain, and used IL-2 COD, for a variety of reasons. It doesn't matter anymore as the series moves on anyway with new names. The only tricky part is letting people know that the Sequel (IL-2 Eastern Front, IL-2 BOM, IL-2 BOS) or whatever they name it, also includes the Battle of Britain.

Spanish Civil War, Battle for Poland, or Battle for France probably won't be made by the developer as the theaters is too small, but those will most likely be made by commercial third parties or community third parties, using the map SDK etc.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Track IR 5 ProClip