Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Approved Member

Default Ammo against 109?

Hey there!

I am currently looking for a effective ammo-settings against 109´s for the spit / Hurri. I once had a pretty good setting which blew up the 109s engine within (+/-)a second but I accidentally deletet it when i reinstalled the game...

So what are you using? And what is effective against bombers as well?

I appreciate any help, thank you!

Continu0
Old 06-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Approved Member

I go for tracers in 1st and 8th guns,so these are your furthest spaced guns,I then stick in armour piercing rounds in the 4th and 5th guns,so these being your closest guns to you.

In all the rest of the guns your 2nd,3rd,6th and 7th I've got the De Wilde incendiary rounds,works for me.

But experiment,experiment and experiment,also ensure your convergence is honed too,I have 136 vertical x 228 horizontal,but again you need to experiment to find out what works for you,dial in the enemy wingspan into the gunsight and go get 'em.

And finally in the words of Sailor Malan:

'Go in quickly-Punch hard-and get out!'

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 06-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

preatty much wha JRB said

1 - 8 Tracer + icendiary ( 1 -1 ratio , red and yellow for the cool factor)
2 - 7 Icendiary.
3 - 6 Armour piercing.
4 - 5 Armour piercing.

convergence set at 100 meters our 150 meters. aim at the engine.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:05 AM
Approved Member

By far most effective round against bombers is the dewilde but currently it produces unrealistic results where you can blow off the wing of a bomber with a split second burst. Load all guns with dewilde and it literally becomes a shower of wings...
Old 06-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Approved Member

Maybe it's not the fact that the rounds are unrealistic, but that we can use as many of them as we like resulting in unrealistic loadouts.

What happens with DeWilde for the RAF can be reproduced with M-shells for the Luftwaffe. In reality, there wasn't unlimited supply of the "best" ammo types and pilots were forced to mix and match due to availability concerns.

Maybe a set of realism options down the road can help us with this. Having some preset historical loadouts as well as the ability to change them, but with some restrictions, would be the way to go. For example, restrictions could be to the tune of "x % of such and such rounds" or "X of such type of rounds in every 10 rounds total".

From what i've been seeing thus far, flying with the default loadouts doesn't produce results that seem unrealistic and this leads me to believe that the rounds themselves and the aircraft DMs are not bad at all. That's why i'm thinking that maybe it's us "gaming the game" that results in too many explosions
Old 06-09-2012, 06:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Maybe it's not the fact that the rounds are unrealistic, but that we can use as many of them as we like resulting in unrealistic loadouts.

What happens with DeWilde for the RAF can be reproduced with M-shells for the Luftwaffe. In reality, there wasn't unlimited supply of the "best" ammo types and pilots were forced to mix and match due to availability concerns.

Maybe a set of realism options down the road can help us with this. Having some preset historical loadouts as well as the ability to change them, but with some restrictions, would be the way to go. For example, restrictions could be to the tune of "x % of such and such rounds" or "X of such type of rounds in every 10 rounds total".

From what i've been seeing thus far, flying with the default loadouts doesn't produce results that seem unrealistic and this leads me to believe that the rounds themselves and the aircraft DMs are not bad at all. That's why i'm thinking that maybe it's us "gaming the game" that results in too many explosions
But the DM is still buggy, or am i wrong? You can still fly over the whole channel with a broken cooling-sytem, which is not realistic in my opinion...

Thanks for your the help, I will try your suggestions!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

White Tracer | DeWilde | AP | AP |||||| AP | AP | DeWilde | White Tracer

Probably historical overkill on DeWilde as it was available and widely used but not in unlimited supply. I use it for hits confirmation although I think in the current patch that has been disabled. To be honest I couldn't be bothered to set up a belt with say 1 in 5 DreWilde but perhaps I should. Mind you I don't think the rest of my belts are historical.

Its been discussed before here:-
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/archive...p/t-28972.html
but no need to drag it all out again in this thread.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 06-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

i have the mixed ammo belt in all my guns with
whites tracer
DeWilde
armour piercing rounds

and the last 30 round yellow tracers in stead of white.
I found this give me good results when come to both fighters and bombers as not all eight gun may not get on target and this belt mix it ensure when the gun get there target they have punch.

I have conversion 180 vertical x 180 horizontal

http://www.raafsquad.com
Intel® I7-3770 3.5Ghz,8G DDR3 ram,Gainward Phantom GeForce GTX680 2048MB,window Ultimate 7 64,trackir 4,CH Fighterstick,Saitek X52 Throttle,Saitek rudder pedals
Old 06-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

S!

Better keep the ammo belt thing as it is now to prevent yet another whinefest and nitpicking of words by afficiandos and their funny sidekicks Historical or not but at least something that works in everyones' taste.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

1 AP every 6 a tracer
2 AP
3 dewild
4 dewild
5 dewild
6 dewild
7 AP
8 AP every 6 a tracer

both conv is 100, i like to fill the gunsight before opening fire, this lets you aim for the fuel tanks/cockpit/engine far more easily