Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 08-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Default AI is still at the top of my list – Part II

SP AI has improved quite a bit…no more stunt plane acrobatics 10 feet above the water…but I still see rather random moves and wing waggling like there’s a drunk in the cockpit. Does anyone else think AI still needs a lot of work? For me, while the sound and graphics of CloD are infinitely better than IL2, most everything else in SP mode is a bit sketchy.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
SP AI has improved quite a bit…no more stunt plane acrobatics 10 feet above the water…but I still see rather random moves and wing waggling like there’s a drunk in the cockpit. Does anyone else think AI still needs a lot of work? For me, while the sound and graphics of CloD are infinitely better than IL2, most everything else in SP mode is a bit sketchy.
I think there are some issues with AI that could now be worked on in tandem with sound and graphics. I dont want to celebrate just yet, there are still issues with across the board, although this patch has been incredible.

As someone said, optimizing how the game handles AI calculations, outside sounds, specifically damage, and to be honest, I would like to see if they can squeeze anything else out of the effects, dont get me wrong, they are waaaaay better... but maybe a litle cleaning up can still be done...
Old 08-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
+1

The AI is still not there yet...
Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Totally agree!

My opinion: Fix Radio Command and AI and we are almost there!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

+1000
Old 08-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Approved Member

Pilots did wiggle their wings to check blind spots. Not qite what the AI do mind.

Hood
Old 08-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Yes radio commands should be the next big step towards a complete game
Allthough there are plenty of minor bugs which should be looked into as well. every minor bug for itself maybe not a big deal... but its the sheer amount of minor bugs which is kinda annoying.

And of course sounds.... improve the existing, fix broken sounds (some missing hit sounds) and pls add some more environmental sounds
Old 08-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Approved Member

Yes +1000.

AI bombers need to react to being hit and make decisions accordingly. Rapidly loss of coolant/oil or crew casualties should result in breaking out of formation and heading home.

Ai planes can take some insane hits and just keep on fighting and flying.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Approved Member

Also, if AI bailing out properly is not going to be implemented give us an option to disable AI hitting the silk. At the moment all my SP dogfights are cut short by my opponent leaping out of the aircraft due to his radiator being perforated/one measly little bullet hit his paint job/an aileron caught on fire and fell off... Why not crash land or fly back to base!? I've had dogfights end with 3 or 4 spitfires doing loops with nobody in the cockpit because they bailed out of a perfectly fine aircraft.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

Defaint AI is still very dumb ... gunner ignores closest aircraft beaming down on it .. pilot still climbing to avoid enemy! ?????

PLEASE FIX!

.....--oOo-- --oOo-- HE-111 --oOo-- --oOo--.....
========================================
-oOo- Intel i7-2600K (non-clocked) -oOo- GA-P67A
-oOo- DF 85 full tower -oOo- 1000W corsair
-oOo- 8 GB 1600Hz -oOo- 2 x GTX 580 1.5M (295.73)
-oOo- 240 SSD -oOo- W7 64bit
-oOo- PB2700 LED 2560 x 1440 6ms 60Hz -oOo-
========================================