Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

Default tanks stops moving

I've just bought (on Steam) and started playing MOW-AS. When I repair and use a German tank, after a while I can no longer move the tank to a new position. A yellow circle appears around the tank, I can use the cannon and machine gun. The tank does not have to be repaired. The tank does not need gas (i.e. to add gas I must first siphon gas and then pump the gas back in). Why can I no longer move the tank? This occurs with many of the German tanks I repair and use. Note my game play is slow, defensive and take considerably longer than videos I've seen on youtube. Can anyone explain what is happening and if there is a way to get the tanks moving again?

Thanks,

Ian

My system information:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To be filled by O.E.M.
System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/20/10 09:47:36 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16346MB RAM
Page File: 6738MB used, 25952MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode
Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Could be either your system or something running on your pc like some anti virus or other things loaded at same time, that is strangest problem i almost every heard in mow series. Do you have a save game when this happens? Also what video card do you have because your cpu and your system is average but I am curious about ur video card. Further since you have game on steam now take pictures of when this occurs and link your steam pictures

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 09-21-2012, 03:09 AM
Registered Member

Default tank stops moving

Hello djsatane,

My video card is a NVIDIA GEForce 8600 GT.

I am unable to capture the screen using the SYSRQ key. I've removed Snagit and still am not able to capture the screen. I'll spend some time looking into this. Is there another way to capture screen shots using Steam?

Aside from this hiccup and the considerable lag times, I'm quite pleased with this game.

Thanks,

Ian

Last edited by i00b; 09-21-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:55 AM
Registered Member

Default tank stops moving

Hello djsatane,

My graphics card is a NVidia GeForce 8600 GT.

You can see a screen capture of a tank that does not move at:
http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii546/i00b/

The tank has a yellow circle around it to indicate that it has been selected but the mouse cursor is a red 'X' instead of the mouse cursor that is the animated 4 inward pointing arrow mouse. I have placed a red circle around the mouse cursor that is a red 'X'.

I've been getting a feel for the game and several days to play through a single mission. I have a feeling the length of a mission is related to the tank not moving. I have just noted that the problem of tanks not moving appears to affect mainly the media tank Pzkpfw III Ausf.J. but have found it also occurs with the Sherman.

Thanks

Last edited by i00b; 09-21-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

show full screen picture of the game when it happens and if u playing single player save at that moment u can zip the save game and email it, i can tell u where its stored.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 09-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Default compressed file save ready to send

Hello djsatane,

I've got the file save ready in a ZIP file along with a screen capture.

In the ZIP file, the screen capture file is named 'error.png'. Both tanks highlighted in blue can no longer be moved. The one on the left has been selected (i.e. has a yellow circle around it) and the mouse cursor (highlighted in white) is a red 'X'.

I am quite curious to understand why this is occurring.

Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: zip carentan03.zip (4.07 MB, 4 views)
Old 09-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

Default problem resolved

Hello djsatane,

I just realized why the tanks stopped moving and...I feel pretty foolish...they ran out of gas. I misunderstood (i.e. reversed) the gas symbols as well as did not realize the progress bar in the tank statistics window was the gas gauge. On the bright side, I've learned a bit more about MOW-AS and am really beginning to appreciate just how good this game is.

Thank you for responding to my request for support and I apologize for having made such a simple mistake.

This thread can now be closed.