Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 01-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Default Hey, i'm back! :)

So, it's been a hectic few months lately, with too much RL happening, but mostly it's been good for me. I started on a new education path involving computers which, for the most part, has been really easy for me until now (especially compared to doing high level theoretical math and physics, which was my previous field). Now, being somewhat older (and more serious/focused as a result) and having weekly assignments and such, limits my free time considerably but it's all for a good thing.

Of course, life is a you know what, so in order to balance out all this good stuff and my generally high spirits, my secondary hard disk gave up the ghost just a few days after the floods in Asia that resulted in hard drive prices rising quite a bit

In other words, i have a 1.5TB disk that's filled to the brim with all my media files and work related stuff/documents, no gaming hard disk on which to install any simming goodness and no intention to buy an overpriced one until the prices settle down again. A few days before my disk started acting up a friend of mine got a 2TB western digital from Amazon UK for 60 pounds (free shipping), but when i needed one they were at least 100-120 pounds

So, there goes, i guess this explains my lengthy absence from the forums and any servers i might have joined once in a while.

To my fellow moderators, i'm sorry i have neglected my duties, i'll be trying to keep in touch somewhat more often from now on.

Apart from that, i'm curious to see how things have been in the meantime. I saw people are getting to grips with things with some success and coming up with tutorials (maybe it was good that i went AWOL, forces people to do the write ups if the resident tutorial typist is not around ), for example the Blenheim level bombing tips.

To be honest i'm highly tempted to reinstall (i got enough space for steam, CoD and team fortress 2 on my system partition and i have a back up of all my control bindings so i'll be up and running in no time). I'm just scared of the effect it might have on my studying time and finals for the semester are right around the corner
Old 01-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

Good form - nice to see you around. RL can be hectic sometimes... I'm glad I've finished my studies, I would struggle to go back to them now, that's for sure.

Last edited by jimbop; 01-02-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Default Welcome back!

Glad to have you back Blackdog kt, I was thinking of adding some hdd and man the prices are up there right now

See you in the air
Old 01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Welcome back BD!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Good to see you back dawg

I had a series of HDD failure message pop up the other day, I spend the whole day trying to fix it and haven't had a message since... still have backed everything up just in case

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 01-02-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Great to see you back Blackdog!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Hi BD..

Fair play on the new endeavour bud

Take my hat of to yer
Old 01-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

Good to hear from you BD Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Good to see you again Blackdog.

I hope the New Year brings success to your new life path.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Hello mate.

Happy New Year!