Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 12-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Question ME110 complex engine management

Hi,

I have never tried the ME110 so far but now as I have got the campaign addon from desastersoft (Wick vs. Dundas), I have the option to fly a ME110 campaign.

I have tried to fly the ME110 in a training mission that I made just for that purpose but as soon as I am off the ground, wheels up, both engines are already defective and overheated.

I do the same startup procedures that I do for the BF109, open oil and water radiators etc.. As the ME110 has no auto prop pitch as it looks, I do it the same way as with the BF109-E (has also no auto prop-pitch) where I have no problems with the manual prop pitch.

What is different on the ME110 that I do not right?
How can I take off and fly without engines damaged right after take-off?

The instruction clips on youtube were not really helpful on this issue?
Old 12-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

Did you open the rads for BOTH engines?
The 110 engines have a lower rpm-limit than the 109's. Stay at/below 2350 rpm.
Did you warm up your engines? as the need for warm up seems to be deactivated for the 109e4 one tends to forget it when switching to the 110.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

... yes I opened both rads, the 2 red throttles on the left side near the thrust-throttle (Schubregler), it is them, right?
I thought if I limit my RPMs in the takeoff procedure, I will not have enough thrust/speed to take off?

Well anyways, thanks for your help, I`ll try to do as you wrote.

PS: by the way, the campaign-addon Wick vs. Dundas from desastersoft is really well made, I can recommend it to those interested in
good campaigns for Cliffs of Dover, now as the sim becomes slowly flyable!

Last edited by Pluto; 12-04-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
... yes I opened both rads, the 2 red throttles on the left side near the thrust-throttle (Schubregler), it is them, right?
I thought if I limit my RPMs in the takeoff procedure, I will not have enough thrust/speed to take off?

Well anyways, thanks for your help, I`ll try to do as you wrote.

PS: by the way, the campaign-addon Wick vs. Dundas from desastersoft is really well made, I can recommend it to those interested in
good campaigns for Cliffs of Dover, now as the sim becomes slowly flyable!
I fear with only pushing the two levers to the left you only opened the oil rads. You also need to open the air rads, which are located to the lower center of the instrument panel

Number 28 and 30 in this graphic. Once you got those, the 110 is much more forgiving to strains in temps compared to the 109, odly enough.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up ... now it works...

... sorry, in my last posting I confused the rads a bit, of course the 2 red throttles are not the rads, its the fuel lever. The rads are the two round indicators behind the stick up front I know, sorry.

But anyway, the advice I was given helped a lot! Now it works! No problems.
Watch temperature and wait for engines to warm up, that was it.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
Hi,

I have never tried the ME110 so far but now as I have got the campaign addon from desastersoft (Wick vs. Dundas), I have the option to fly a ME110 campaign.

I have tried to fly the ME110 in a training mission that I made just for that purpose but as soon as I am off the ground, wheels up, both engines are already defective and overheated.

I do the same startup procedures that I do for the BF109, open oil and water radiators etc.. As the ME110 has no auto prop pitch as it looks, I do it the same way as with the BF109-E (has also no auto prop-pitch) where I have no problems with the manual prop pitch.

What is different on the ME110 that I do not right?
How can I take off and fly without engines damaged right after take-off?

The instruction clips on youtube were not really helpful on this issue?
I did a short video tutorial for the 110 last thursday. For you unfortunately with german descriptions, but I think it shouldn't be too hard to understand für non-german speakers.

http://foorum.mexxoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=311
Old 12-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Default ... thank you Foo`bar !

... nice that you took the effort to answer my posting but the problem is already solved, thanks to some good advice from people on this forum.

The only problem I had and did not notice, I didnt wait for the engines to warm up. Now I wait until the thermometer for both engins shows 80 degrees celsius and off it goes, no problem. The ME110 is nice to fly and nice to land, no crashes so far even though I am not used to this plane yet !

By the way, I could read your german texts, no problem, thats my mother tongue!