Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Default PS3 Pad.... custom option Realistic

Forgive if this has been asked before.....searched the threads but lots of info on Joystick but my question is this .....

I use a set of "Custom " settings on PS3 pad for Arcade ... works a treat for the Spit... but these options wont really work for Realistic....

Have tried a lot of settings... but never seems to give anything like the extra turning / roll that i see in Arcade......

Am I flogging a dead horse with custom set up for Realistic...??

Old 10-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

Hiya Wildman, just wondering if maybe you might pm to me your custom settings for the pad. I'd be very interested in trying out your settings on Arcade. Cheers buddy.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Approved Member

Hey WildBoar44,

First let me say that you won't be able to get the kind of control you can get in arcade and still keep the plane in the air on realistic. Flying in realistic requires a softer touch than what you might be used to in arcade and trust me it wasn't until I learned this, that I was able to start getting better in realistic.

Now having said that, I've found that the custom layout doesn't work that great in realistic (at least for me) and so anytime I fly realisitic, I use the Wireless Control layout at the far left of the layout options. Not sure why, but this layout is WAY better in realistic. Just don't forget to switch back over to custom when flying arcade again, lol! Good luck!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffMonk View Post
Hey WildBoar44,

First let me say that you won't be able to get the kind of control you can get in arcade and still keep the plane in the air on realistic. Flying in realistic requires a softer touch than what you might be used to in arcade and trust me it wasn't until I learned this, that I was able to start getting better in realistic.

Now having said that, I've found that the custom layout doesn't work that great in realistic (at least for me) and so anytime I fly realisitic, I use the Wireless Control layout at the far left of the layout options. Not sure why, but this layout is WAY better in realistic. Just don't forget to switch back over to custom when flying arcade again, lol! Good luck!
Hi RuffMunk..... long time no see Ace...

I have more hours and kills in Realistic than Arcade these days, mind you still love the pace and thrill of the Bun fight Arcade give's....

I fly Realistic in the Wireless Control option you menton.... Full setting on Spit / Hurri / Lav / Me109 / All Bombers .... even Fw190 when you get used to it.... only Boss P51 B/D and I153 and I16 Russian chainsaw do I back off the settings . Its possible to "catch" the stall on full settings in realistic when you know when... But do this in "Custom " layout and despite hours of testing settings....Throttle will "lag" intermitently...Rudder will lack / over respond with no consistant performance , drive's me chuffin Mad !! stall / spin /stall / spin / stall / spin .... Kerplunk ! ... Funny thing though... only plane that will fly much better on my Custom setting in Realistic... the Po2 lol !! ....Great for Capture the paperboy let alone the Airfield !

Ah well , Best stick to Wireless Control.... !

Old 10-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Hi there Wildboar,

You may find some useful infos on Custom settings in the first post of the P-51 Mustang Purist Club.

Here's the link: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...38&postcount=1

MAC
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Hi there Wildboar,

You may find some useful infos on Custom settings in the first post of the P-51 Mustang Purist Club.

Here's the link: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...38&postcount=1

MAC
Wowza !! Thanks for the link... I knew i had seen something about settings before, I will juggle about and see what I can apply to Realistic mode...

Thanks for Info
Old 10-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

Here's something you might consider, be warned though, not just anyone can pull this off.

http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=39591.0

I might give it a go when it comes time to replace my DS3

StiC