Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Skins and Repaints for BOB COD

Old 06-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

Default First finished skin (not historic)

Of course its not historically correct, so apologies to all the purists.

Here is a new skin I have been playing with, based around the Pink Panthers theme.

I am getting there....
Old 06-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

Gotta say, that is interesting.... Not sure I would be caught flying a pink Spitfire, but I admire the work that you put into it. Wish I had that knowhow and time. Nice job.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

Pink Spitfires are more common than you might at first imagine...

The Photo Reconnaisance Pink Spitfires were used for medium level recce work, where the pale pink colour helped to 'hide' them against haze or cloud background. These Spits were fully armed, as they were more likely to encounter enemy fighters, whereas the PRU Blue aircraft were un-armed, relying on altitude and speed to get out of trouble. Earlier in WW2, some recce Spits were finished in a pale, off-white colour, for operations below cloud.
A similar pink colour, known as 'Desert Pink', was used on RAF Tornado, Buccaneer and Jaguar aircraft, in the medium to low-level strike role, during the first Gulf War, where the aircraft blended in with the desert sky, and the terrain. This shade was slightly different to the wartime Spits, being a pinkish sand colour, and was developed as a result of the SAS using a pink finish on Land Rovers used in the desert, where it was found this colour really blended in, with the surroundings, and the pinkish effect of the UV rays in the haze.

And think of the embarrasment of being shot down by a pink Spitfire.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

If the colour isgood enough for the SAS..........

http://www.landroverclub.net/Club/HTML/Pink_panther.htm
Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Hehe...and of course it's a lovely colour for a nice target,you'll certainly be noticed over the English countryside,but then being,not noticed is'nt you're point is it?

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 06-30-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

I stand corrected then. Sure as heck ain't gonna be making fun of some SAS trooper for driving a pink car. That ole boy might just beat you so bad that every time you see the color pink, your whole body starts to ache.

Cool info about the pink Spitfire also. Learn something new every day.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

The pink Spits were near invisible from the ground, problem was that the 109's flew above them and they stuck out like sore thumbs, some pilots near on refused to fly them after a while, to damned dangerous

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 07-01-2011, 05:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsairoz View Post

And think of the embarrasment of being shot down by a pink Spitfire.
...or while flying one

Interesting post though (don't mind me poking some harmless fun ), i really like the idea of flying unarmed recon sorties in a later add-on/expansion and i knew about the weird paint schemes used by recon units, but for some reason i had totally forgotten about the pink ones so thanks for reminding me.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

The enemy does not have to be surprised. They have to be scared.

If you are insecure: use more bullets.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
...or while flying one

Interesting post though (don't mind me poking some harmless fun ), i really like the idea of flying unarmed recon sorties in a later add-on/expansion and i knew about the weird paint schemes used by recon units, but for some reason i had totally forgotten about the pink ones so thanks for reminding me.
Would be pretty cool annoying EA while flying a super fast stripped down fighter, knowing their anguish not being able to catch you while you toy with them would be nearly as much fun as actualy shooting them down