Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Default What disappoints me is the lack of communication on the 'Official' forum :(

I'm not here asking for "when is it going to be released", I'm bored with that now. Honestly though, most of us who post on the forums have jobs, or are in full-time education, and yet, we all manage to post here with advice, questions, links, etc,etc.

I think it's pretty lame of the developers to say they are so busy with this that we have no spare time at all.

This is a community forum, and whether we are asking or giving advice, we do take the time to visit.

After ORR on the Ubi forums got locked down (which in reality made little difference with the input that was actually coming from 1C), we now have this as the official forum area for questions to the developers.

So why am I posting this thread. Just because I am fed up of being one of the many anticipating the next game, the next patch, the next .dll fix (last one in March!!!!) the next tiny nugget of information, from a group of developers who think that we are willing to sit here and wait like Pavlov's dog's for the bell to be rung!

Seriously, I think that as this forum is the point of communication with the team, the least the team could do is spend a little time here actually giving some information to those loyal enough to show in interest and also for those who offer advice and free beta testing (4.09beta), and yet...blank...silence...nothing.

So come on guys, we are in your 'Official' forum...lets get some official feedback.

MP
Old 07-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Tree_UK

I couldn't agree with you more mate, unfortunately this is the wrong place to make such a post, anyone who dares to question the politics of either 1c, Oleg and or Ubi get shot to pieces in here. This forum is for believers only!!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Re BoB SoW

Well you could always fly over there and make the tea for the overworked 1c Team if you are that concerned about their performance and lack of forum input

Sniffing around the forums is akin to watching a kettle boil, my time is taken up at the moment researching for new Bessarabia missions and a Libya campaign taken from pilot and squadron diaries from 1940-44
There's plenty to do with IL2 1946 still IMHO.

Yes SoW progress updates are as rare as rocking horse s**t, but as in the past any amount of moaning and groaning does nothing to speed anything up in the development direction.

Re IL2 1946 third party v4.09m

If they released the v4.09m Dedicated Server this would unify the Hyperlobby community at least and get everyone on v4.09m, personally I see no reason for anyone to be flying only v4.08m except for the fact that there are those that wont fly "beta" updates.

Otherwise I'm not worried about SoW until it hits the retail market, and they better get it released in the EU at the same time as the US this time

Im sure the new series from 1c will keep me entertained for the next 8-9 years as IL2 has so far.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 07-20-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
I think it's pretty lame of the developers to say they are so busy with this that we have no spare time at all.
They don't. Forums members combine the statements that they are very busy with the fact that there are no statements. That's not an official statement, though.

Their statement is, that they are not allowed to post news until UBI gives the O.K. - there are several statements on this forum, even from mods and developers stating this. I've posted these links a dozen times, so I won't repost them, as nobody cares anyways. It's a lot easier to keep bashing people for rumors that are spread, instead of reading what was actually posted....

Same is for 4.09. How many times do you want Oleg to repeat that 4.09 will be done when that certain stage is reached for BoB? He already posted it in a dozen of interviews, here, on SimHQ and UBI. Asking questions over and over again is pretty childish and seldomly changes the answer.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

If they're not allowed to post news why have we had updates and why is there an Oleg's Answers sticky up top of page one? Clearly some level of communication is permitted.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughman View Post
If they're not allowed to post news why have we had updates and why is there an Oleg's Answers sticky up top of page one? Clearly some level of communication is permitted.
Why is the world black and white for so many of you guys?

Read what I wrote:
"Their statement is, that they are not allowed to post news until UBI gives the O.K."

If there is information posted, that doesn't mean this statement is a lie, but that MG and Oleg himself is struggling and stretching it to post news for you guys.

Ironically, he gets bashed for that over and over again....

This whole thing reminds me to an old Asian wisdom:
You cannot scoop water to drink, with your fists clenched.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I couldn't agree with you more mate, unfortunately this is the wrong place to make such a post, anyone who dares to question the politics of either 1c, Oleg and or Ubi get shot to pieces in here. This forum is for believers only!!

I personally don't have a problem with people asking questions or such...

What bothers me is when people post a supposed question in an inflammatory or sensationalistic way...and then they are (claim) surprised when people respond in dismay.

We all know about "trolls" and other dwellers of the dark who like to start flame wars...and when people post "questions" in a fashion that is provoking an (negative) emotional response from other people...I for one have a hard time taking them seriously.

Let me give you an example of what I'm taking about... here is question that someone could ask about: "Why do I keep seeing different release dates for "SoW"? Now one person could ask the question just like the example... "Why do I keep seeing different release dates for "SoW"? BUT someone else might say... "Why does Oleg and Ubi keep lying to us about release dates?" "I think its all a big scam...this is vapor ware... all you Oleg worshipers are going to flame me but I want to know why I have been lied to!!!!" (This is an amalgamation of various REAL posts I have read)...Honestly! What kind of response would someone expect?

I for one respond (If I choose to) in the spirit of the question...

p.s. "Any question used as an example in no way reflects any real question posed by any forum member, and any similarity to actual questions posed past and present is purely coincidental..."

Last edited by proton45; 07-20-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

Last time we got any news was when BoP was dropped on us from nowhere,and a large part of the community across several forums got upset.Since then,nothing.
If BoP had not happened,we would have heard nothing for months!
So it looks like we will hear nothing unless a large number of people start getting concerned and ask for updates.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 07-20-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Last time we got any news was when BoP was dropped on us from nowhere,and a large part of the community across several forums got upset.Since then,nothing.
So it looks like we will hear nothing unless a large number of people start getting concerned and ask for updates.

It has been a long time...
Old 07-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
You should state the whole thing: These news were only about BoP, it's origin and the only part of the news concerning BoB in this whole storm in the fishbowl was the statement, that there was no connection between the two titles.

Anything else, that BoP showed planes, effects, textures or objects from BoB was pure assumption of some community guys, who were p*ssed that Oleg sold his soul to the console-market. And all those statements were instantly corrected by those involved in the BoP-project.

So the whole basis of your superficial conclusion is based on the statements that people posted, who have no insight in the project and didn't listen to BoP or BoB developers-statements.

In short: It's plain egocentric and wrong as wrong can be.