Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Unhappy Sha-a-ki-ki-ki-ng

The combination of "head shake = on" + "FFB" + "Temperature effects" is very nasty. Even though I keep my engine temps within limits, and the revs and boost too, my whole plane shakes like hell, especially at higher altitudes. My stick shakes so hard that my PC is about to fall apart. Come on, something needs to be fixed here.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
The combination of "head shake = on" + "FFB" + "Temperature effects" is very nasty. Even though I keep my engine temps within limits, and the revs and boost too, my whole plane shakes like hell, especially at higher altitudes. My stick shakes so hard that my PC is about to fall apart. Come on, something needs to be fixed here.
Yes, that high altitude/mixture bug has been there since day one and IMO it is the most serious gameplay affecting bug in the game. It should have been fixed in the first patch..
Old 04-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Oddly, i've never experienced the shaking thing online (unless i've obviously goofed or been hit and damaged.)...and that's up to around 4/4.5k. (I don't think i've attempted to go higher).

Offline, however, different story. I'm lucky if I can break 3k without the aircraft complaining.

CEM is on in both cases and I can't think of a plausible reason why online and offline behaviour should differ. It must be something i'm doing wrong while flying single-player but i'm damned if I know what it is.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixma View Post
Oddly, i've never experienced the shaking thing online (unless i've obviously goofed or been hit and damaged.)...and that's up to around 4/4.5k. (I don't think i've attempted to go higher).

Offline, however, different story. I'm lucky if I can break 3k without the aircraft complaining.

CEM is on in both cases and I can't think of a plausible reason why online and offline behaviour should differ. It must be something i'm doing wrong while flying single-player but i'm damned if I know what it is.
Well, you can try it in the FMB. Just create a mission where you start over the channel @ ~10km and prepare to be shaken! The shaking stops if i put the throttle to 0% so it can't be turbulence or wind thats affecting the plane. No matter what i try, i just can't get the damn thing to fly smoothly. The hiccups start at around 2,5km and get worse the higher i go
Old 04-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymi View Post
Well, you can try it in the FMB. Just create a mission where you start over the channel @ ~10km and prepare to be shaken! The shaking stops if i put the throttle to 0% so it can't be turbulence or wind thats affecting the plane. No matter what i try, i just can't get the damn thing to fly smoothly. The hiccups start at around 2,5km and get worse the higher i go
I just noticed that flying a 109 below 1.35ata produces that damn shaking, no matter what altitude I am. Maybe there could be a slight difference between 1.5 km to 6, but the result is the same. But above 7km it shakes a lot more.

My bet, mixture is broken
Old 04-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Thats why i turned off FFB. Hopefully dev team will iron out FFB with their offical release.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

I have to agree here the shaking is driving me nuts even after toning down the shake effects.

F
Old 04-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Yes, the CEM, supposedly a great advance over what we had in IL-2, is actually completely broken and prevents any recreation of combat at the heights where the BoB was actually fought .
Old 04-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
Hopefully dev team will iron out FFB with their official release.
I thought I'd bought the 'official' release.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedAdonis View Post
I thought I'd bought the 'official' release.
I mean offical release of patch. Now we have a beta patch.