Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 06-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Default AMD Catalyst 12.7 Beta

S!

These are out now and work fine in Cliffs of Dover as far I tested. Go grab them while hot at GURU3D
Old 07-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Default Still showing 12.3??

Flanker35M

I have kept my ATI Catalyst up to date and recently downloaded 12.7 beta as per your post and link. Download was successful but, ever since 12.3 the software listed in the program's Software menu has not shown the correct reference for the upgrade. Even when downloading from the AMD website and uninstalling etc the same applies, it still shows 12.3.

I even get upgrade reminders for 12.6 even though it was downloaded and installed correctly.

Either I am doing something wrong or the software is not as "sound" as one would like?

Any ideas?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

for me there are a couple of problems since 12.4...trackir wouldnt work anymore for example, so i went back to 12.3 which is fine for me...btw, i never noticed any performance differences with the different drivers, so for me it doesnt matter anyway.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

S!

TrackIR works for me with the latest official betas from AMD. Just make sure you do a clean install and do NOT check Triple Buffer for OpenGL or TrackIR will give the ERROR-window at starting and not work.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerjack View Post
Flanker35M

I have kept my ATI Catalyst up to date and recently downloaded 12.7 beta as per your post and link. Download was successful but, ever since 12.3 the software listed in the program's Software menu has not shown the correct reference for the upgrade. Even when downloading from the AMD website and uninstalling etc the same applies, it still shows 12.3.

I even get upgrade reminders for 12.6 even though it was downloaded and installed correctly.

Either I am doing something wrong or the software is not as "sound" as one would like?

Any ideas?
Many times the CCC version string just isnt updated (especially with beta installs) so it will list the incorrect version. It's only a display bug and does not mean anything is wrong, just lazy driver team

Last edited by Al Capwn; 07-02-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

S!

I use DriverSweeper to make sure all traces of old software get removed before new is added. Now for some reason got the kbdsync.exe error at start up, never had it before

Last edited by Flanker35M; 07-02-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

I use DriverSweeper to make sure all traces of old software get removed before new is added. Now for some reason got the kbdsync.exe error at start up, never had it before
Hmm, I don't mean to sound patronizing but did you make sure to remove all AMD/ATI drivers/application profiles before running driver sweeper?

There are a few ways to fix the kdbsync.exe error. One way is to go into msconfig and to disable it from starting, but I find that to be a band-aid more than a solution.

If you have already removed everything and installed whichever driver you would like to be running, try this solution. (I've used this myself before, but I copied this from another forum)

1: Windows is denying it, we need to allow it administrator rights. kbsync.exe should be in your Program Files (x86)/AMD AVT/bin/kdbsync, right click, Properties, Compatibility Tab, Tic the box next to "Run this program as an administrator" under Privilege Level, click Apply, then OK.

2: Now that Windows is happy, we need to make the AMD Catalyst Control Center happy. Right click your Desktop, go to the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. Once that is pulled up, navigate to & select the Video tab. Select the AMD Video Converter tab. Once again, it gives you my explanation, but all you need to do is tic the box next to "Enable acceleration". Don't forget to click "Apply" in the lower right corner of the VISION CCC!

I hope this fixes your issue!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Unhappy Crossfire / Trifire

I'm currently using 12.6 and get horrid FPS in Clod.
I have more than enough video memory and system memory.
I am using a 6990 + 6970 in trifire and my frames are in the 30s
& 40s

I have tried the DX10 lost planet profile in CCC but get constant flickering when enabling the profile.

I'm about to try out the 12.7 betas with the 12.7 CAP profile.

I get better frame rate with the 12.7s but any crossfire profile I use renders
bad flickering.

Last edited by broken pixel; 07-13-2012 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Updated
Old 07-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Approved Member

Default Me too

"I get better frame rate with the 12.7s but any crossfire profile I use renders
bad flickering. "

I had the same issue - I also tried the Lost Planet DX9 and DX11 profiles. Try playing with the Vsync settings - turned off in CLOD and "wait for vertical refresh" in CCC. I am still experimenting myself

Could be your linked cards are different?? I have two identical cards linked with Crossfire.

Last edited by Bikerjack; 07-19-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

A 6990 is basically two 6970s so I have 3x 6970s.

I posted this over @ sim HQ.

I was using the 12.7 beta drivers and it was really choppy at times and I would get huge drops in my fps.
I switched back to the AMD Catalyst 8.97 18 April drivers and a lot of the stuttering has gone away.
These drivers from the benchmarks this guy does scores the highest of all the AMD drivers to date.
http://benchmark3d.com/amd-catalyst-...il-benchmark/4

Link to the driver
http://benchmark3d.com/amd-catalyst-8-97-18-april

Link to the modded driver that unlocks the settings below.
http://benchmark3d.com/amd-catalyst-...april-7900-mod

Unlocked Temporal AA
Unlocked High Quality AF
Unlocked Geometry Instancing
Unlocked LOD option
Unlocked Test Custom Clocks and Auto-Tune options under OverDrive

I made a track and got hit in the engine early in one of the quick missions. My engine caught on fire so I had to fly towards land.
I notice my GPU usage was in the 20- 50% range during game play with vsync.
I then decided to play my track of the engine fire while tweaking settings.
The weird thing is during that track I was getting 60- 97% usage with multiple profiles settings I made. I play other tracks and my GPU usage is crap. I will only see the 60- 97% when I play my engine fire track.

I'm stumped? The 8.97 18 drivers seem to help a lot with hiccups and stutters during game play with vsync on & HT disabled in the BIOS.

Time for a few hours of sleep, then it's back to the drawing board.