Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Default After portal, is entire army gone forever?

--SPOILER--

I just beat the soothsayer, and got thrown into a portal back to Greenwort (woohoo!)

But my entire army is gone. Is there a way to get them back? Or should I replay the battle with the smallest army possible?

I really miss the Warrior Maidens and Trolls.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Yup they're gone - I also had reserves so that hurt.

But look on the bright side, you killed the spider and now you have Rune mages, Paladins , Royal Griffins (if you're lucky) and soon to be Rangers

You could replay the fight and minimize losses but I don't see the point personally. Firstly maidens are awesome but supply is a big problem (I had none in my first game and my second a measly five) the non viking islands rarely have viking units so you would have to be very lucky to use them throughout the game.

Trolls, meh, slow and cumbersome and again supply, the house of Jotun gives you three (it looks set, checked my second game and same number, same items) so your leadeship will quickly outgrow them.

You could buy a throwaway stack if no loss is not important - money is no problem is this game.

I picked up Sea Dogs (Whaler's station and the Smugglers haven had them - found the -20% pirate cap both games so that's a good bet) 20% dodge , run and that fantastic tri attack, good spider slayer and if you found teleport great skellie archer slayer.

Not harping on the Sea dogs too much but if plan to keep Soothsayers (that loki's touch is amazing after you actually start fighting none undead stacks) might want to go for the Skald skill - Jarl I think it is, +1 to all vikings and +1 morale to pirates
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

I put all my limited troops in the two castle garrisons before I fought the spider, and then brought disposable troops with me.

Once you get to Greenwort, After you do a quest to get a ship you can sail back and pick them up - you don't even have to fight.

Honesty though, you will have so many choices for new troops (particularly if you uncover more islands by talking to the right NPCs) that you may find it refreshing to change things around.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the tips guys!

Yeah, I already progressed without the units and frankly, I can see why people are saying Rune Mages are overpowered.

They are completely re-worked from Crossworlds and in a very very very imbalanced way.

If any of you guys remember Scrounger, I feel like this is my revenge on the game after dealing with Scrounger!

You are right about the supply of Maidens. As a Viking, I can't easily jack up my Chaos Magic to have a useful Sacrifice combination. I did have 29 of them though... sniffles.

The game feels a lot easier, but I think it also opens up a lot more combinations/builds/armies that normally wouldn't be possible.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
I put all my limited troops in the two castle garrisons before I fought the spider, and then brought disposable troops with me.

Once you get to Greenwort, After you do a quest to get a ship you can sail back and pick them up - you don't even have to fight.

Honesty though, you will have so many choices for new troops (particularly if you uncover more islands by talking to the right NPCs) that you may find it refreshing to change things around.
Wait a second... I've gotten to Demonis and haven't been able to sail back to Viking Lands. I been meaning to ask about this for a while... did I miss the ship? (I've found boats, but none had the ability to return to Nordligland).
Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post

how did you do this? isn't it impossible to access the first castle until after the spider is dead? or am I missing something about the plot/function?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Wait a second... I've gotten to Demonis and haven't been able to sail back to Viking Lands. I been meaning to ask about this for a while... did I miss the ship? (I've found boats, but none had the ability to return to Nordligland).
As soon as you get in a boat again, you should have the option of sailing to other islands (from Greenwort). I believe if you are in Arlania or Verlon Wasteland you can't sail to the other islands, but I haven't tried.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by namad View Post
how did you do this? isn't it impossible to access the first castle until after the spider is dead? or am I missing something about the plot/function?
The first castle you just sail back there and no problem.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

You can access the first castle again pretty much as soon as you can sail.

it's weird camelotcrusade if you speak to Kitano he gives this story about how you can't buy a boat and have to see the master of the guards first but I just clicked on the boat next to him and sailed away - I jacked his boat and he didn't mind
Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

i had first to kill the undead pirates which stole the royal ship from the queen, after that i could sail away from greenwort.