Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Approved Member

Question Kill streaks?

In Luthier’s video (translated version here) the guy at the end talks about a ‘kill streaks’ idea where you get bonuses to your aircraft (or whatever) after each kill. What does everyone think about this type of concept?

Personally, I think the only pre-requisites for CoD should be 1) having a system with at least the recommended specs, and 2) the willingness to pay for the game. Someone wants to play with their keyboard and mouse? Great, there should be an appropriate server for that. Someone wants to play against their friends and rack up kill streak bonuses (or whatever), then great, they should be able to do that too. Someone wants a full-real server with historical basis? Excellent, make it so. And I’ll be there too. But I will also be on the other servers, showing them how it’s done (hopefully) and welcoming newbs. At least some them will 'graduate', get the necessary gear and learn the finer aspects.

There is too much elitism about flight simming and this is helping to kill the sector. People need an easier introduction to the genre. Otherwise, do you think our CoD purchases alone will pay for years of updates like we had for IL-2, even if they are paid DLC? Nope, not even close. Volume, not quality, of purchasers is what is required to fund game development into the future.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

Kill streak hahahaahahahaha this is cliffs of dover not call of duty
Old 03-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Leave and never come back, there is a game called birds of prey for the likes of you already...

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 03-24-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Forgot the smiley face
Old 03-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
In Luthier’s video (translated version here) the guy at the end talks about a ‘kill streaks’ idea where you get bonuses to your aircraft (or whatever) after each kill. What does everyone think about this type of concept?

Personally, I think the only pre-requisites for CoD should be 1) having a system with at least the recommended specs, and 2) the willingness to pay for the game. Someone wants to play with their keyboard and mouse? Great, there should be an appropriate server for that. Someone wants to play against their friends and rack up kill streak bonuses (or whatever), then great, they should be able to do that too. Someone wants a full-real server with historical basis? Excellent, make it so. And I’ll be there too. But I will also be on the other servers, showing them how it’s done (hopefully) and welcoming newbs. At least some them will 'graduate', get the necessary gear and learn the finer aspects.

There is too much elitism about flight simming and this is helping to kill the sector. People need an easier introduction to the genre. Otherwise, do you think our CoD purchases alone will pay for years of updates like we had for IL-2, even if they are paid DLC? Nope, not even close. Volume, not quality, of purchasers is what is required to fund game development into the future.
+1
Old 03-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

That was a irony from presenter, don't take it too seriously
Old 03-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

There already is a newbie mode just turn off all realism, we don't need to take ideas from games that are killing the fps genre...

I can't be the only one to turn his back on the fps genre cod modern warfare was cool modern warfare 2 just ruined everything.. So bored of it, hopefully red orchestra 2 can bring me back.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 03-24-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

Luthier's comments at 10.30 about accessibility? How will this be achieved?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Leave and never come back, there is a game called birds of prey for the likes of you already...
This is a good example of the elitism I was talking about. I prefer full real servers - way to make someone feel welcome!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

There's already kill streaks in CoD: Fly, kill, return to base and paint a kill marks on your plane!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
Kill streak hahahaahahahaha this is cliffs of dover not call of duty
And which will have more players? And earn more? And, most importantly, allow its studio to develop the next game? As long as I can enable full real options in the game that are as realistic as possible what do I care what the newbs play?