Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Default Dev-mode

Alright this is the full translation of the list originally created by spamm on russian forums i'll also include tutorial on how to make these commands to work.

To be able to use dev-mode commands you'll have to add one space and -dev to your shortcut on the "target" section after the kb.exe (OUT OF QUOTES), it's simple as that nothing else needed .
HERE ARE PICS OF HOW IT SHOULD LOOK:

Now here's the list of all dev-mode commands:

Battle map commands (these commands only work on BATTLE MAP):

I=Reduces the number of units on the stack under your cursor to 1 (also the lasts troop health is 1)
K=Kills the unit under the cursor
Shift-K=Kills all units
Ctrl+1=Doubles the number of units on the stack
Alt+A=Gives you 1000 mana and fills your rage meter to maximum
Ctrl+Z=Puts you to the position before your previous action (for example: you move your swordsmen troop then you enter the command and it'll put you to the state where you haven't moved your swordsmen troop yet.)
Ctrl+X=I'm not sure what kind of command this is i tested it on the battle map and it had no effect.
Ctrl+C=This command let's you prevent the enemy (according to google translate i haven't tested this command)
Tab=Gives you information about the units under the cursor
Ctrl+Home=Priorities moves (note: you can use ctrl+alt or press and hold ctrl without dev-mode to get the same result)

Campaign map commands (these commands only work on CAMPAIGN MAP):

Shift+L=Stops the time (you can move but all the AI controlled troops will stop moving)
Shift+T=Enemies won't attack you
Ctrl+Plus (the one on your keypad)=Speeds the time (can be used multiple times and only speeds the time it takes for day and night to change)
Ctrl+Minus (the one on your keypad)=Slows the time (can be used multiple times and only slows the time it takes for day and night to change)
Ctrl+D=Loads all the different areas of the game as a text to your screen (works on main menu)
Ctrl+Shift+K=Kills all enemies on the map
Ctrl+M=Removes the clouds from your map (use only while the map open otherwise it won't work and to select island use the list on the upper right corner because you'll be unable to just click the maps to zoom to them)
Ctrl+Q=Teleports you to the location under your cursor (works on the map that shows all the islands too)
Ctrl+1=Gives you an elven army (can be used three times for a different result)
Ctrl+2=Gives you dwarf army (can be used two times for a different result)
Ctrl+3=Gives you orc army (can be used two times for a different result)
Ctrl+4=Gives you undead army (can be used three times for a different result)
Ctrl+5=Gives you demon army (can be used two times for a different result)
Ctrl+6=Gives you an army with neutral race units (can be used three times for a different results)
Ctrl+7=Gives you human army (can be used two times for a different result)
Ctrl+8=Gives you an army with neutral race units (can be used four times for a different result)
Ctrl+0=Gives you lizard army (can be used two times for a different result)
Ctrl+Shift+1=Gives you 20000 gold
Ctrl+Shift+2=Gives you 50 crystals
Ctrl+Shift+3=Gives you 50 mana
Ctrl+Shift+4=Gives you 1000 leadership
Ctrl+Shift+5=Gives you 500 rage
Ctrl+Shift+6=Gives you 1000 experience
Ctrl+Shift+7=Gives you 100 of each runes
Ctrl+Shift+8=Gives you all spells to your magic book
Ctrl+Shift+9=Gives you all the skills and upgrades them to maximum (can only be used while on hero-screen)
Ctrl+Shift+R=Your pet dragon advances one level
Ctrl+H=Shows the cross and the radius of the game objects (can't find when this would be useful though )
Alt+D=Use to run debugger LUA-scripts

There's all the working commands .
Also notice that my native language isn't english so the translations might have flaws but i think they're all pretty good in overall .
Let me know if there's any problems or flaws on those commands (or on my explanations)

Last edited by rancor26; 12-22-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor26 View Post
Also notice that my native language isn't english so the translations might have flaws but i think they're all pretty good in overall .
Let me know if there's any problems or flaws on those commands (or on my explanations)
From a quick glance through that looks to be 100x better than the google translation. Good work
Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Sorry guys but I must be getting dumber than what I suspected I could get. What does "add one space and -dev to your shortcut on the "target" section after the kb.exe" mean? If I add -dev to the destination in "properties" for my shortcut, I get a message telling me the destination is invalid. If I add it to the kb.exe file it obviously ceases working. If I open the .ini files I don't even see where I should start looking.

So OK, it may be "as simple as that" but at least for me definitely "something else needed", some more detailed info...

Many thanks in advance.

I tackled KBAP straight on impossible confiding in my experience with KBtL, and indeed the last battles had become a walkover, but K'Tahu was a nightmare and Baal is proving right out impossible, so I'll have to start over but first I wanted to see the final of the damn game, thus cheating seems my only option (I tried a lot of different strategies, but never even got him below 50,000 health...)
Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Bah. Look fir max crit thread you wil see me doing 60-70k damage to baal with one hit :>
Old 12-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

Elwin, your reply is extremely quick but not very helpful. I am ready to believe you daily eat 10 Baals for breakfast, but probably you have other stats/items/spells/units than I have. I have 78 Int, 16 Att, 22 Def. Mage, obviously. Almost no money left, 12 black and 15 red dragons so I have to rely on the free human army. Leadership is just above 30,000 (with flaming eyes) and distortion magic is stuck at 2/3.

If I attack with units, max dmg I ever saw is 4,000 and they get slaughtered quickly. If I relay on spells, It would take about 30 ice snakes to take him down, but after 10-12 rounds my units are all dead. I tried 7 or 8 times, toying with resurrection, using the dragons, using demon portal, swapping items trading in some int for +morale of the humans, but never even got close. So please, instead of telling me how much damage you do, either tell me how to do it with my current resources, or tell me how to use this dev mode so I cheat (I am not interested in bragging about my scores anyway), see how it ends and restart with a different approach.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

I strongly recommend, getting paladins and knights and use stoneskin on them, they wont die so fast, phanotming paladins wil help also
Old 12-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

OK, sorry for the double-post but it seems I recovered from my attack of dumbness. So I had to add -dev OUT of the quotes...

Help about beating Baal WITHOUT cheating with my current resources is still welcome.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

U did not doublepost i wrote post meanwhile. Btw i cant imagine how you play impossible with level 2 distortion

Last edited by Elwin; 12-16-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

Thanks from saving me from double-posting...

How did I play impossible with 2/3 distortion? The same way I completed KBtL at impossible without almost using distortion or even order magic: I try to build up intelligence, mana and above all mana restoration as quick as possible, I pick some very resilient units (before lvl 5 becomes largely available I used droids, splitting the repair units in two separate stacks so that they could repair each other) to minimize losses, and then I nuke away with fire rain. Obviously an amulet of fire storm (or two, as I got in KBtL) is welcome. For the larger stacks of enemies I use the pet's lightning (reaper's soul draining in KBtL) and that's it. The battles on Elon and Nameless were brainless pushovers, those on Reha barely required an effort. Then, however, I had to dig quite deep to get K'Tahu down and finally, silly me not to imagine it, I find out Baal is resistant to fire...

I used the cheat to bring distortion to 3/3 but it didn't make a noticeable difference. True, with stone skin + divine armor my paladins take little damage, but that means I have nothing left to damage with. As a result, after 10 rounds I had still about 70 paladins standing, surrounded by executioners and archdemons, with Baal "down" to 140,000

I had to resort to doubling repeatedly my pals to win...

One of these days I am going to replay from the start, but honestly I don't see how a mage can win on impossible, let alone the no loss wins I read about on the forum. Mind you, I am not saying it can't be done without cheating, I am just saying I can't see HOW it can be done.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Dobrev described it very in detail ... Well you ended with no gold because you didnt pay much atention to unit loses i bet. With distortion 3 you can minimilize loses realy through the game. I have completed hard no loss .. would do with impossible as well. But i wont do it, my next game on impossible is fun game so it will not be no loss :p