Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered Member

Default Game Freezing Issues

Hello all! I just purchased the game and am enjoying it so far. However, my game freezes everytime I go to the hanger to look up info on some of the aircraft. Is this happening to anyone else? I would just like to verify if it's my disc or if it's a known problem. Thank you!
Old 12-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Oh, this is the ps3 version, by the way.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

best way 2 kno for sure is to try ur disc in another ps3 and see if it works.
Im having troubles myself w my ps3 tho BoP works fine, but i get alot of freezes in pretty much all of my other games, so i'm sending it to sony for repairs.

There are many ways to reset, restore or format ur ps3, i pretty much tried them all (tho nothing really worked for me, hdd seems corrupted and nothing i can do will fix it)- i sugg restoring the HDD files this way so u wont loose all ur saved games. here it goes (this only takes 5 minutes):
1-first erase all ur game data - not the saved games so u wont loose ur progress in all of ur games
2- turn off ps3
3-press and hold the power button, u'll hear a beep, it will start and then shut down, then relase the button
4- press and hold the power button, u'll hear one beep then two, release the button after hearing the two beeps
5- u'll now be in the recovery menu, choose the 3rd option (i think its called restore files, not sure... its the 3rd one for sure tho)
6- after that make ur system updates, reinstall ur game data (just put the game in) and things should b fine... if they're not i'm afraid its off to the repair shop for u too my friend

...and btw when calling sony, they will ask u for ur store receipt, i lost mine so i had to go to great lenghts to try n have it printed again by the store if i didnt want to pay the 150$ (ps3 was barely 4 months old, sony warranty lasts 1 year). So when i finally got it i called back ps3 and the guy simply asked me for the date of purchase written on the receipt... so i'm guessin i couldve simply made up a date and it would have done the same, unless they want me to put the receipt in the box along with the PS3 - i'll get back to u shortly on this one: i should receive the box from purolator this afternoon

Last edited by philabong2; 12-18-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

It usually freezes on my during the MP menu screen. Only really happened since the patch.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

forget about that last last part: they do want a copy of the original copy to b sent along w the ps3... wouldve been pretty dumb of them not to
And alot of the problem im experiencing with my ps3 started to happen after the bop and the few CoD patch updates... good luck m8
Old 12-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies! I'm going to return my copy and exchange it just to be safe and if it happens again, I'll test it in another ps3. I really hope it isn't my ps3! I've been able to play all of my other titles without any problems, so it may be specific to the game. Thanks again!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Awesome,
Had the same problem with a brand spankin new virgin disc. Put it in and the first menu it froze, over and over and over. I think its a disc reliability issue, but I took the advice from a friend and downloaded the game to the hard drive and play it from there, If you can get it there 100% downloaded, 3.5 Gigs of space then just load the disc and it will stop spinning and it will play from the hard drive. My first one actually cracked on the inner Mtg ring. So I had to replace it. I just about had a heart attack when it froze, and its not an xbox issue, its the disc itself.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Registered Member

Update: I exchanged my game for a brand new one. Sadly the game still freezes everytime I go to the hanger and select allied planes. The good news is that it doesn't seem to be freezing anywhere else. I'm going to take it to a friends house and try it in his ps3 without the patch and then with the patch to see if it freezes there.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

is ur ps3 a slim? thats what i have and i heard there was alot of units experiencing hdd problems. Heres to hoping ur freezes will only remain in the hangar and wont spread to other parts of the games or to other titles.