Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Default Awesome story....

Had to share it, I was in the B-17G and dogfought a P-47D Thundrbolt.... AND WON!!!, using the forward gun, got round on his tail. ALL on simulation mode I might add, Strike match over Dover, amazing fight, it was a great game all, very fair fight.

But surely a B-17G should not be able to keep up with / out-turn, and out-gun and fully armed P-47D.

still great though.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

I heard you kackle over that. I wish I would have seen it, but I was straining my eyes trying to find my OWN target to unload my bombs on.. lol
Old 10-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Ha. You must be some B-17 pilot. I've noticed the P-47 is almost as effective as the B-17 in Strike though. With a couple of jugs on the opposing team it's almost impossible to win.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

People can say what they want about the Jug, but I still love that warbird. I have a team that tear up strikes, and CTA with me in my Jug. It messes up some dirt. Somebody was screaming "It's raining Bombs over here" under my Jug, which was the birth of "Operation Steel Rain" (hence my sig banner)...
Old 10-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

I think he was trying to focus on his bomb run, as he didnt engage me directly, just tried to evade and drop his bombs, he probably though I was auto-gunning and not manually turning and gunning at the same time.

But it took ALOT of damage, It wasn't a quick dispatch. He made me work for it.

He probably didn't expect a B-17 to be able to keep up (I know I didnt)
Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

this proves how bad the P-47 really is . Many people say it also has its uses in CTA. But I used it this evening in CTA. 2 planes were landing, I blew up the first one, the second one started capturing a few seconds later. The P-47 was not able to make the turn tight and fast enough, to kill the other guy :S.

When I use the spit XVI I can make at least 3 bomb passes before it is captured. (yes that is a good turner, but just to prove that the P-47 is bad in doing every job).

Maybe for strike it is ok.. but might just as well take a bomber there.

I also went up against an bomber today, believe it was a blenheim, and when he turned tight, I could barely keep up :S. its lame
Wish the american planes were not so downgraded (P-51 will have restored glorry after the patch i hope)
Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

damn i missed it wish i could of excepted your invite earlyer but my mate was round and he wanted to try out the need for speed demo alfie dont usually ask to go on anything on me xbox much hes a ps3 fanboy lol so i had to let him
anyway i got a siggy to make and then ill be back on bop later if your up for it house ??
Old 10-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

cool, we're all on now doing some SIM team Battles / CTAs and Strikes join us when you're ready mate.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by House MD 221B View Post
cool, we're all on now doing some SIM team Battles / CTAs and Strikes join us when you're ready mate.
im on it
Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by House MD 221B View Post
Had to share it, I was in the B-17G and dogfought a P-47D Thundrbolt.... AND WON!!!, using the forward gun, got round on his tail. ALL on simulation mode I might add, Strike match over Dover, amazing fight, it was a great game all, very fair fight.

But surely a B-17G should not be able to keep up with / out-turn, and out-gun and fully armed P-47D.

still great though.
It isnt that bad, I think I rocket killed you a couple times in it this morning (my time) while you were using ur b-17 on cta...its always amazing to see that flying fortress actually touch down...its not the easiest skill to learn. we played a couple good games including a night sicily strike game you made where you were attacking the ships...pretty sneaky, i tried to send you a friend request after but you turned off your xbox...poop

Last edited by AutomaticAddict; 10-09-2009 at 02:20 AM.