Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Default Il-2 on psp now on the psn

A whole bunch of games just went up on the psn. Included was the psp version of Sturmovik. I don't know how it is, but its so easy to hit that buy now button instead of going to a store........

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...re-update-105/
Old 10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

dont do it its broke get ace combat x instead
i had the psp ver but took it back the next day and got a refund
if your thinking it might be like the 360 ps3 ver it aint its pants
that is an honest answer from someone who love the il2 games and i so wanted it to be good on the psp but it wasnt
Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz1971 View Post
dont do it its broke get ace combat x instead
i had the psp ver but took it back the next day and got a refund
if your thinking it might be like the 360 ps3 ver it aint its pants
that is an honest answer from someone who love the il2 games and i so wanted it to be good on the psp but it wasnt
Hey Dazz, it's deffo not a Sim on the PS3, but the reviews I've read paint it as a perfectly playable and fun WWII-themed flight action game (but _not_ sim) - I'll deffo be picking it up off the store this morning . Beats sitting around waiting in lobbies for people to start a game and quit in the online .
Old 10-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

well i didnt like the flight model on the psp version no barrel rolls etc you basicly turn left and right up n down picture this

turn left towards an plane then let go of the nub and it will level out and head straight for the plane its like your on rails i mean you cant even loop on it ?? also i found it to be quite buggy on one of the missions i think its the second or third mission on the battle of britian you have to kill a sub now this sub was flying !! yes flying across the water at speeds akin to a missile sorry but no uboat ever invented could pull that off
Old 10-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

This guy is doing barrel rolls.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

are you having a laugh ? i didnt see any barrel rolls just watch the part when they try to do a loop it swings them round so he is facing the planes lol

also watch how he is constantly pulling the plane back one way or another thats becuse it trys to drag you to the nearest plane like a magnet or something lol

trust me its pants but at the end of the day its up to you if you want to buy it or not
in my first post i said it was an honest answer and belive me i wanted it to work on the psp more than anybody
Old 10-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Approved Member

Yea, I actually got excited to see that it was also on the PSP, but it doesnt seem to be working out too well.

Flight sims dont seem to be a good fit for the PSP anyway.

I'll just stick to it on 360.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
are you having a laugh ? i didnt see any barrel rolls just watch the part when they try to do a loop it swings them round so he is facing the planes lol

also watch how he is constantly pulling the plane back one way or another thats becuse it trys to drag you to the nearest plane like a magnet or something lol

trust me its pants but at the end of the day its up to you if you want to buy it or not
in my first post i said it was an honest answer and belive me i wanted it to work on the psp more than anybody
At 3:20 he does a loop and a roll. But I do see what you are saying it looks like the game is snapping his plane back and he is having a hard time trying to control the plane. Whats crazy is his speed never changes through out all the jerking around.

Yes this game doesn't look that great! I was actually going to buy a psp just for this game and GT but now I am not. And even after reviews of GT I think I have decided against that as well.

Last edited by trk29; 10-02-2009 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
At 3:20 he does a loop and a roll. But I do see what you are saying it looks like the game is snapping his plane back and he is having a hard time trying to control the plane. Whats crazy is his speed never changes through out all the jerking around.

Yes this game doesn't look that great! I was actually going to buy a psp just for this game and GT but now I am not. And even after reviews of GT I think I have decided against that as well.
trust me i have nothing to gain from stopping you buying something i just dont like to see ppl spend there hard earned cash and realise theve made a big mistake like i did

and to buy a psp just for this game is a huge mistake but ...
do get a psp mate there are some very good games for it and they are great for those quite boring time on bus etc blah blah
dont know if you like the ace combat series ? but there is a version out for the psp i traded my il2 for it at game and its flight model is spot on same as il2 on 360 ps3 you can barrel roll loop immellman split s etc ok on the realism its not so good 60 missiles etc but ive had far much fun playing that than i did psp il2

so please dont dismiss getting a psp over il2 oh and there is a new swanky version out now the psp go i think looks cool
Old 10-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
trust me i have nothing to gain from stopping you buying something i just dont like to see ppl spend there hard earned cash and realise theve made a big mistake like i did

and to buy a psp just for this game is a huge mistake but ...
do get a psp mate there are some very good games for it and they are great for those quite boring time on bus etc blah blah
dont know if you like the ace combat series ? but there is a version out for the psp i traded my il2 for it at game and its flight model is spot on same as il2 on 360 ps3 you can barrel roll loop immellman split s etc ok on the realism its not so good 60 missiles etc but ive had far much fun playing that than i did psp il2

so please dont dismiss getting a psp over il2 oh and there is a new swanky version out now the psp go i think looks cool

Yes I saw the Ace Combat for psp and it does look good thanks for your advice. I do want one but haven't worked up the nerve to buy one yet. I can't believe new they are almost as much as the new slim. I will get one when they come down in price.