Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Default gamespot tears CoD to shreads (no flame war please)

lame that the review is almost accurate in most ways... anyway i don't care for them much
but maybe's time to end the denial and face that graphical comparison with WoP head on... in certain aspects it DOES look better, especially in what concerns some parts of the terrain

this is not just a rant, considering the sys req of Wop, i just have to congratulate Gaijin, they certainly did a wonderful job with the old IL-2 engine. maybe they'll use Cod engine in the future? hope that CoD keeps getting better though...

Last edited by Jatta Raso; 04-21-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: inaccurate title
Old 04-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

This is old news by now and I honestly don´t see why you had to start yet another thread on this subject.

Peace out.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Stop comparing flight sims with games that can be played with an Xbox controler. Games that can run on consoles trade brains for looks.
Is like comparing a smart and beautiful brunette with a gorgeous but brainless blonde.
One is great for "quick consumption", the other one is great to spend the rest of your life with.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
Stop comparing flight sims with games that can be played with an Xbox controler. Games that can run on consoles trade brains for looks.
Is like comparing a smart and beautiful brunette with a gorgeous but brainless blonde.
One is great for "quick consumption", the other one is great to spend the rest of your life with.
not if you end up spending even more cash with the brunette (as is with the sys req of the later)

anyway the point is WoP can look better at the time in certain aspects with much less hardware req and that has nothing to do with the controller... and that's fact, not trying to flame. haven't seen much discussion about that, that's all... just wanted to hear some input on that
Old 04-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatta Raso View Post
not if you end up spending even more cash with the brunette (as is with the sys req of the later)

anyway the point is WoP can look better at the time in certain aspects with much less hardware req and that has nothing to do with the controller... and that's fact, not trying to flame. haven't seen much discussion about that, that's all... just wanted to hear some input on that
I tried WOP for a couple of hours. I was playing ROF and DCS in the same period. WOP bored me to tears, and I just can't stand that beer bottle glass filter they put over everything.
Of course WOP will have lower hardware requirenments. The console platforms are uterly obsolete when comparing them with a recent gaming PC. WOP has to run on those old limiting platforms, no wonder it runs faster on a gaming rig. they left most of the brains out.

Last edited by Jaws2002; 04-21-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatta Raso View Post
lame that the review is almost accurate in most ways... anyway i don't care for them much
but maybe's time to end the denial and face that graphical comparison with WoP head on... in certain aspects it DOES look better, especially in what concerns some parts of the terrain

this is not just a rant, considering the sys req of Wop, i just have to congratulate Gaijin, they certainly did a wonderful job with the old IL-2 engine. maybe they'll use Cod engine in the future? hope that CoD keeps getting better though...
With this PR disaster they (UBI) would have been better off with an open beta instead. At least they wuldnt have all the negative press.
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 04-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool61 View Post
With this PR disaster they (UBI) would have been better off with an open beta instead. At least they wuldnt have all the negative press.
That would make too much sense