Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy Need help using Cyborg FLY 9 Wireless Flight Stick

Would appreciate advice on what additional steps are needed to use the Cyborg after syncing it to the Xbox 360 console. The Cyborg will turn on the console and start BOP but the flight stick will not let you select from the Main Menu (ie Single Player) to start the Campaign. I have used the XBox 360 controller to start the Campaign in hopes that the Cyborg Flight Stick would then work. But after pressing Start or pulling the trigger, the Stick simply does not operate. Madcatz Support was of no help, the Support guy was not familiar with BOP and only suggested the possibility of enabling the Stick in the software setup??? Are there any Cyborg FLY 9 wireless users that can help a beginner use the stick?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epilgrim View Post
Would appreciate advice on what additional steps are needed to use the Cyborg after syncing it to the Xbox 360 console. The Cyborg will turn on the console and start BOP but the flight stick will not let you select from the Main Menu (ie Single Player) to start the Campaign. I have used the XBox 360 controller to start the Campaign in hopes that the Cyborg Flight Stick would then work. But after pressing Start or pulling the trigger, the Stick simply does not operate. Madcatz Support was of no help, the Support guy was not familiar with BOP and only suggested the possibility of enabling the Stick in the software setup??? Are there any Cyborg FLY 9 wireless users that can help a beginner use the stick?
What I Said ---> "I am sorry but I use ps3 i have helped many people with flight stick controls but i cannot help you sorry buddy : ( blame the box and there yeah i will leave it at that go PS3!!!"

What I Intended To Say---> "I am sorry but I use ps3 i have helped many people with flight stick controls but i cannot help you sorry buddy : ( blame the box and there yeah i will leave it at that go 4a PS3!!!"

Last edited by QBlackDeathQ; 06-19-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

I have the FLY 9 with Xbox. There is a conflict if you connect an Xbox controller as it will disable the FLY9. Only use and start the Xbox with the FLY 9 connected, I had to reboot if I connected the Xbox controller at any time. Other than I had no problems. The trigger acts as the A button for selection of menu options and the D pad for scrolling.

You are probably aware but make sure your selector switch is in the correct position for BOP and normal Xbox use and not for PC use/Ace Combat.

Unfortunately I cannot test the exact switch functions for selecting menu options as I rebuilt mine to use the internals from my AV8R (I got fed up with changing or re-charging batteries due to lack of organisational skills on my part ...).

Other than that it has been very durable and reliable except for a manufacturing problem regards the wiring to the twist rudder which keep parting company. Many people had this problem and it can be easily cured with a simpe re-routing of the wires. Not sure if Madcatz ever changed the way the wires were routed and anchored to prevent this, never had any further problems since I did mine.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

not sure if this will help since i use a ace edge .lots of time i start games with the wireless controller .when you switch to your flight stick make sure you press and hold the xbox button,shut of the controller,then plug in your flight stick.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:00 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for replying. I have unplugged the Xbox 360 console HDMI and power cables, and paired the Cyborg FLY 9 numerous times and it still will not work to select "Single Player" from the BOP Main Menu. Also ensured that the Mode switch was on number 1. All of this without success. Some other users from other forums have indicated that they have had some wiring issues. So I am about to conclude that maybe the wiring to the trigger may be faulty. I sent an email yesterday to Madcatz support outlining the problem and received a reply that they will get the problem worked out. I just bought the unit on June 13th so it is under warranty. Again thanks for replying.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBlackDeathQ View Post
I am sorry but I use ps3 i have helped many people with flight stick controls but i cannot help you sorry buddy : ( blame the box and there yeah i will leave it at that go PS3!!!
And you decided to post this why?....
[flame]
Epilgrim wanted help, You are of no help whatsoever with your post. Just don't bother next time, ok? Thank you. [/flame]

Please don't troll.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 06-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
[flame]
Epilgrim wanted help, You are of no help whatsoever with your post. Just don't bother next time, ok? Thank you. [/flame]

Please don't troll.
I thought the same thing popey.most of the ps3 guys on here would be welcome on xbox.but not all.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
I thought the same thing popey.most of the ps3 guys on here would be welcome on xbox.but not all.
Na, he's ok. Probably didn't realise his post would be seen as trolling. I do find it hard not to be baited into a flame war. Trollism and Fanboyism makes me want to attack lol.

Branko is the one who is not welcome

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 06-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Na, he's ok. Probably didn't realise his post would be seen as trolling. I do find it hard not to be baited into a flame war. Trollism and Fanboyism makes me want to attack lol.

Branko is the one who is not welcome
are you sure pope?
Old 06-19-2011, 04:09 AM
Approved Member

Angry

Quote:
[flame]

Please don't troll.
You asked for it and now you have it{Flames} I have helped many people on PS3 with many of there problems{Flames} Xbox is iffy! Why you ask? Well have they gotten a patch?{Flames} no right? Why you ask? {Really in FLAMES} they ask for too much money!{Flames} I support systems that support me i still have my 360 but do not use it for this reason. how would you feel if you had a ps3 and a game that needed patching, yet no patch came because of cost? O yeah {Flames}<--- were is your advice? you just want attention : ( so you try and pick a fight {Flames} O yeah {Flames}!

And don't bad mouth other Players here! we are all welcome as long as we follow host rules. Br never gave me a problem on any game type. Br stick to strike most of the time. BR is good at what she does no problem with that I like to invite her for TDM her vs 3-4 f190 D9 its good fun. You seem to like to start fights, and must have been picked on a lot in your early years. Stop being a Keyboard warrior and start being a decent person!

Last edited by QBlackDeathQ; 06-19-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Closed Thread