Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

Default Can Mistycpuma make a real HD high quality trailer?

Hello Oleg & team,

I've been wondering if somebody with talent for flight sim movie making AND a good computer could do a real good trailer for CoD, because the one we've got for now really deserves the game and your work...

Seeing a low graphic trailer without anti-aliasing is just not a good promotion of your product, because most people won't know it's low graphics, and it just doesn't make sense to promote a game by this way...

I thought about Mysticpuma because he's really talented and I'm sure he'd be willing to do it. Can't you think about it ?

S.

Oktoberfest
Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

You actually ask him to turn lead into gold.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Somebody did it already
Old 01-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

To do that he needs the game and time, something I think he is lacking in both.....

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 01-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

There is a reason why the trailer is of it's quality. Why promote an image that is unobtainable to the average pc?...so people can complain once they load it, LOL

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 01-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Indeed, but people need something to look up to as well. It can be a very good advertisement strategy to show what the engine can do, why it stands above the competition, and why this simulation will be a good investment for years to come. So some max quality video's should be produced.

I was blown away by the graphics of Crysis when I first read about it in a magazine 5 years ago. I needed to have it! When I bought it, I knew my hardware wasn't up to the task but I played it anyway. It was really ugly at the time. So I built me a new PC. The only problem with a linear game like Crysis is that it looses it's appeal once you've completed it. CoD and IL2 don't have that problem. And I had sub-standard hardware for both IL2 and Forgotten Battles when I bought them as well.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
Somebody did it already
do you mean that somebody made a new trailer already???
would be really cool
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Why promote an image that is unobtainable to the average pc?

Then offer two- they do it for blue ray movies etc.
average PC, and high end.
when I started with the first demo, I had a 16meg vid card (slightly above average in 01) and it started the whole race of upgrades-
you'd think nv or ati would tie in with this-
Old 01-26-2011, 04:26 AM
Approved Member

+1 next friday or future fri update should have a different and epic scenes with HD trailer, no wait, forget that, make it mini movie . ..

Mysticpuma is good but Oleg's team is good and Ubi's team is good also, probably more feasible that way to go in house.

random funnies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
You actually ask him to turn lead into gold.
You can turn lead into gold, it'll just cost much more and require much more energy than its worth. (and requiring equipment that requires a conglomerate of nations to build)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
There is a reason why the trailer is of it's quality. Why promote an image that is unobtainable to the average pc?...so people can complain once they load it, LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDawg View Post
Then offer two- they do it for blue ray movies etc.
average PC, and high end.
when I started with the first demo, I had a 16meg vid card (slightly above average in 01) and it started the whole race of upgrades-
you'd think nv or ati would tie in with this-
Avatar blue ray? unobtanium . . .
Old 01-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
Hello Oleg & team,

I've been wondering if somebody with talent for flight sim movie making AND a good computer could do a real good trailer for CoD, because the one we've got for now really deserves the game and your work...

Seeing a low graphic trailer without anti-aliasing is just not a good promotion of your product, because most people won't know it's low graphics, and it just doesn't make sense to promote a game by this way...

I thought about Mysticpuma because he's really talented and I'm sure he'd be willing to do it. Can't you think about it ?

S.

Oktoberfest
I seem to remember Myticpuma asking the question about a talented movie maker making the trailer for the new game...cant remember where though .

I think it would be great if they could use him for it, got my vote anyway .

p.s sorry if it has already been said in the thread, i only read yours lol