Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:23 AM
Approved Member

Default FoW - (Need help)

Hello to all

Does any one know how to use the FoW feature? I know how to set a recon plane, but I don't know how to make it the way it should work. How can I set a trigger option to an airplane waiting on the airport?

I have read the manual where all the Fow features are explained but nothing is working.

If any one can help me, or have a video on YouTube explaining how to set the Fow feature.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by P-38L; 09-02-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:30 AM
Approved Member

Hello P-38L
The FoW or Fog of War option was explained to me as sort of a radar blip instead of a steady smooth streaming of the Plane icons on the Mini map. The Icons will show on the map and after a cycle will move to there next position Similar to a radar sweep.
I really don’t know how to explain it better

The Triggers in my opinion is one of the best additions that TD has added to the game and adds a lot of emersion. To use the triggers You select “Trigger” in the objects list Set the trigger on your map as you would any other object, control right mouse click. A green ring will appear Similar to your base ring. You then need to set what gets triggered(as you would when you set a flight to land or take off from and Aircraft carrier). I believe it only triggers Aircraft.. You can set the size of the ring with a slider and the option to select which side triggers it red blue or both. Also you can set human only or both AI and human can trip the trigger. Also if you want to move the ring you can do that anywhere on the map by right clicking the center Holding the right mouse button and dragging it .

Take a look at the examples provided by The Daidalos Team in the mission’s folder
Edit
(This is an HSFX option Look in the Mission's folder)
I myself opened them with the FMB and select play to see how to set them up and watch how they worked.

With this one option Daidalos Team truly outdid them selves. I seem to remember requesting it or commenting on how cool it would be. These guys are truly amazing and all for the love of IL2.
Edit
(More Accurately Whom ever at HSFX developed this option Out did them self's)
I hope this didn’t come to late and you lost interest or better yet I hope you where able to figure it out and are enjoying the options

Last edited by Tuphlandng; 09-14-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:55 AM
Approved Member

Please except My deepest apologize Team Daidalos for Posting that you guys added the Triggers to 4.12.2. That was a mistake on my part I have been using Modded versions for so long that I just wasn't thinking. This was not meant to undermine your awesome work and dedication to IL 2 Sturmovik. I really do enjoy the Taxi to Takeoff and Use it on every Map I work on.
Your continued work keeps IL2 flying and is greatly appreciated

I know this isn’t accurate to the times of WWII But I would still like request Lights on Carriers for Night time landings

I know it isn’t possible But still would be cool

Again Thank you for all your time and hard work in creating these wonderful patches and upgrades
Old 10-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuphlandng View Post
I know this isn’t accurate to the times of WWII But I would still like request Lights on Carriers for Night time landings

I know it isn’t possible But still would be cool
Can't you place lights and fires in 4.12.2?

Put some behind a stationary carrier.