Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Registered Member

Default Birds of Prey 2 Planes, if sequel is made

Hello Guys, Im new to posting around here but been reading since the spring. With hearing today that we will get a sequel to one of the best console games I’ve played on this generation(im not a flight game guy either) I’ve been pretty excited. I know it’s a long time out but one thing we can count on is the addition of the Pacific Theater if they plan to sell more copies in America than BOP. Along with that I’m sure we can expect other changes that have been talked about on here for a long time. Simple things like taking off on missions and landing, Custom paint jobs, co-op missions, option to turn the hud or targeting system off on any level, better bombing and now torpedo missions plus more online game modes to name just a few little things. So many great changes have been talked about in that thread that im sure we will see some good stuff.

I wanted to talk about the planes that we will see. I have compiled a list of planes from BOP and other IL-2 games plus planes that you guys have asked for. Please add any info on versions of planes or weapons and planes that I don’t have listed. Im sure we will have better success getting planes that have been in previous versions but feel free to add anything you see fit. Also tell me which planes I should remove or change version. Add a year and weapon arraignment as well as the best or correct version of the plane that should be added. Example: If I put the B-25 Mitchell I will have no idea which version to use without researching every plane. I already know a lot of you guys have this info locked down in your noggin. Maybe the dev’s will take a look at what we want. Ill do my best to keep up. Just wanted to contribute something to a great forum.

Planes from BOP in bold

USA

F2A-Buffalo-Carrier based Fighter
P-38-Lightning-Heavy Fighter
P-39-Aircobra-Fighter
P-40-Warhawk/Tomahawk/Kittyhawk-Fighter
P-47D-Fighter/Bomber
P-51B-Fighter
P-51D-5-Fighter

P-61 Black Widow-Night Fighter
P-63 Kingcobra-Fighter (Russia?)
F4F Wildcat-Carrier based Fighter
F4U Corsair-Carrier capable Fighter
F6F Hellcat- Carrier based Fighter
SBD Dauntless-Dive Bomber
SB2C Helldiver-Carrier Based Dive Bomber
PBY Catalina-Flying Boat
A-20G-Light/Night Bomber
A-26 “Invader”-Light Bomber
B-17G- Heavy/Strategic Bomber
B-18 “Bolo”-Light Bomber
B-24 “Liberator”-Heavy Bomber
B-25 “Mitchell”-Medium Bomber
B-26 “Marauder”-Medium Bomber (I think this came after war)
B-29 “Superfortress”-Strategic Bomber

BRITAIN

I-16 type 24-Fighter
Hurricane Mk II-Fighter

Seafire--Carrier based Fighter
Spitfire MkII-Fighter
Spitfire MkIX-Fighter
Spitfire Mk XVI-Fighter

Bristol Beaufighter –Heavy Fighter/Strike Aircraft
Tempest-Fighter/Bomber
Typhoon-Fighter/Bomber
Mosquito- Heavy Night Fighter/Bomber
Blenheim MkIV-Light Bomber

RUSSIA

I-153-Fighter
Po-2-Fighter
La-5FN-Fighter
La-7-Fighter

Mig-3-Fighter
Mig-9-Jet Fighter
Yak-1B-Fighter
Yak-3-Fighter

Yak-7-Fighter
Yak-9T-Fighter
Yak-15-Jet Fighter
IL-2-Fighter/Bomber
IL-2m-Figther/Bomber
IL-4-Fighter/Bomber
IL-10-Fighter/Bomber

Pe-2-Dive Bomber
Pe-3-Heavy Fighter/Night Fighter
Pe-8-Heavy Bomber
TB-3 (ANT-6)-Heavy Bomber

POLISH

PZL P.11-Fighter

GERMANY

Bf-110C-4-Heavy Fighter
Bf-110 G-2-Fighter (2 x 30mm. and 1 x 37mm. FlaK)
Bf-109E-3-Fighter
Bf-109F-4-Fighter
Bf-109G-6-Fighter
Bf-109G-2-Fighter
Bf-109G-10-Fighter
Bf-109K-4-Fighter
Fw-190A-5-Fighter
Fw-190D-9-Fighter
Fw-190F-8-Fighter

Ta-152H-1-Fighter
Ju-87B-2-Dive Bomber
Ju-87D-3-Dive Bomber

Ju-88- (A4?)Dive-Tactical-Torpedo Bomber/Night- Heavy Fighter
Me-163B-Jet Fighter
Me-262A-1a-Jet Fighter

He-111H-3-Medium Bomber
He-111H-6-Medium Bomber
He-111H-16-Medium Bomber

He-162A-2-Medium Bomber
He-219-Night Fighter
Arado-234-Recon Bomber
Do-17-Light Bomber
Do-17 Z-Light Bomber
Do-217-Light Bomber

ITALY

MC-200-Fighter
MC-202-Fighter
MC-205-Fighter
SM. 79-Fighter

JAPAN

D3A “Val”-Carrier based Dive Bomber
D4Y "Judy" Dive Bomber
A6M Zero “Zeke”-Fighter
A6M2-N- Interceptor/Fighter-Bomber(Sea Plane)
B5N “Kate”-Torpedo Bomber
Ki-27 “Nate”-Fighter
Ki-43 “Oscar”-Fighter
Ki-61 ”Tony”-Fighter
Ki-84 “Frank”-Fighter
Ki-100 “Type 5”-Fighter
G3M “Nell”-Long Range Bomber
G4M “Betty”-Medium Bomber
H8K-Flying Boat
N1K-Fighter

Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by Fight-Test; 10-19-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Approved Member

it would be great if it had all those features and planes...have my doubts that a console can handle all that...but we'll see. we really havent gotten too much info with the exception that a game is coming out in the future...and remember WoP has been "coming out" for a long time. it would be nice if was within the year. oh, and ya got to put a lancaster and a halifax in the brit section...
Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

are there any official announcements recently, or a link to somewhere?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Registered Member

from today

Dear all,

I have some good news and some bad news.

Bad news first: There will be no DLC with German cockpits.

Good news: There will be a sequel within a year's time coming to consoles, which will include cockpits, and much, much more.

Thank you everybody for voting and your support. Believe me, I didn't leave anything untried to make the cockpits happen, but due to circumstances which I'm not free to talk about it's simply not possible. Please note that the source of the news is absolutely authentic, but unofficial, and I'm not able to give any further information at this time.

So everybody, let's continue playing this wonderful game as it is for now, and be ready for the sequel!

MAC

its in this forum
Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
it would be great if it had all those features and planes...have my doubts that a console can handle all that...but we'll see. we really havent gotten too much info with the exception that a game is coming out in the future...and remember WoP has been "coming out" for a long time. it would be nice if was within the year. oh, and ya got to put a lancaster and a halifax in the brit section...
ok cool thanks. lancaster and halifax. no way we get all these planes. Battlestations had most of the American and Jap planes that i listed but no bombers plus they had a few more boat planes. im sure we will get alot more planes this time around.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
from today

Dear all,

I have some good news and some bad news.

Bad news first: There will be no DLC with German cockpits.

Good news: There will be a sequel within a year's time coming to consoles, which will include cockpits, and much, much more.

Thank you everybody for voting and your support. Believe me, I didn't leave anything untried to make the cockpits happen, but due to circumstances which I'm not free to talk about it's simply not possible. Please note that the source of the news is absolutely authentic, but unofficial, and I'm not able to give any further information at this time.

So everybody, let's continue playing this wonderful game as it is for now, and be ready for the sequel!

MAC

its in this forum

Forgive me, but I don't want to be a doubter, but could you tell me when that post was made?

I'd like to see an official announcement, in some public means rather than just on this forum in a post.

I'd love to believe it but I want to see a press release before i get my hopes up.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

macademic posted it today. german cockpit thread.

please keep this to planes
Old 10-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Approved Member

Investing in selling to Americans? 1C might get sent to Siberia in exile. Well, I might still buy it, if its legal to do such a thing.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

have they even stated it will be pacific based? is carrier based aircraft even an option. forgive me, but how about we wait for a little official public information before launching into a debate on possibly irrelevant and needlessly hope raising suggestions? I want to be wrong I hope they make a sequel that will not have all the flaws, bugs, and lackings that BoP has. But before you go raising everyones hopes and creating wish lists without purpose, how about waiting for a press release, a web site, a specific forum? They gave up on BoP with little encouragement, and refused to release any more DLC or updates, I worry that any attempt at a sequel may not only not get finished for release, but as soon as it does, if sales aren't good enough it will be equally unsupported.

but so that this post is officially on topic to avoid being flamed, B-15 Carrier Version.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:40 AM
Approved Member

House,

There is nothing official.

Also there is a thread for a Sequel Wishlist.

Here

Please keep everything there hopefully Gaijin still looks at that thread.

Last edited by trk29; 10-19-2010 at 09:55 AM.