Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Old 01-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Approved Member

Default Morale Mod

I did some tweaking on the morale bonuses and I gave +1 morale for all units in the army with glory (3) - so glory at third level not only gives +500 leadership but +1 morale. The bonus works if at least one stack is human (the glory always was a human thing )
I am writing this to ask how do you find the morale bonuses. I find them too lacking. In my first game I was always with neutral morale, so no big critical bonuses. I played either with humans or with mixed army (human one race bonus is disabled in the game). In my second game I enabled the human bonus plus bonus +1 for humans and elves. And it was more fun with the crits. I know that some wives give +1 racial bonus and there are a few items but +3 bonus is something that I never reached.
Here is the code, the file to edit is in ses.kfc - morale.txt, just add the red text in the race2race function
Code:
// Наличие представителей одной расы изменяет мораль другой расы
race2race {
    undead {
        human=-2,hint_morale_undead,tolerance<1 //Присутствие нежити в армии. Мораль -2
        elf=-3,hint_morale_undead,tolerance<1   //Присутствие нежити в армии. Мораль -3
        dwarf=-2,hint_morale_undead,tolerance<1 //Присутствие нежити в армии. Мораль -2
        orc=-1,hint_morale_undead,tolerance<1   //Присутствие нежити в армии. Мораль -1
    }
    demon {
        human=-2,hint_morale_demon,tolerance<2  //Присутствие демонов в армии. Мораль -2
        elf=-2,hint_morale_demon,tolerance<2  	//Присутствие демонов в армии. Мораль -2
        dwarf=-3,hint_morale_demon,tolerance<2	//Присутствие демонов в армии. Мораль -3
    }
    elf {
        dwarf=-1,hint_morale_elf			//Присутствие гномов в армии. Мораль -1
    }
    dwarf {
        elf=-1,hint_morale_dwarf			//Присутствие эльфов в армии. Мораль -1
    }
    human {
        human=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
        elf=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
        dwarf=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
        orc=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
        undead=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
        demon=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
        neutral=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
    }
}
I edited the hint files (language files) but you dont need it really to make it work

Last edited by The Rider; 01-25-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Morale is everything but lacking and you want to buff it? If you want +3 morale, you just have to put more effort into it.

Also, have you tried making a combined block?
Code:
human,elf,dwarf,orc,undead,demon,neutral { }
Not sure if it works but this might ensure that the bonus is always applied regardless of what you have in the army.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Approved Member

it doesnt work that way. this is the reason for the presence of humans for it to work
Old 01-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Well there's plenty of other ways to ensure that you don't need to drag silly humans along, you're just being lazy.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Approved Member

Keneth,
it appears you understood it in a way that there are technical difficulties making it work.
The way I understand is that The Rider wants you to drag the humans along intentionally (as a price for the extra morale).

The Rider, you could make it so that the Glory skill effects other races as well - a bit less.

Last edited by Csimbi; 01-23-2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Typo fix
Old 01-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

@keneth, I just said that your suggestions about the code dont work, not that I couldnt make it work. And the humans are not silly, at the almost-end of the game my stack of guardsmen could do 11k damage, where 10 black dragons could do 3,9k. Dont understamate them

@csimbi, true, it is just another two-three lines work, I could post it here, but I am working at the moment on a bigger mod expanding the training skill and few other skills that add bonuses for different creatures in the game (i.e. double shot for hunters or second attack after retaliation for the werewolves - the same skill orc veterans have).

Last edited by The Rider; 01-23-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

I actually found dragons quite useless, they don't do enough damage, their skills are average, and you can't resurrect them. But that doesn't make humans any better, personally I don't see how glory is "a human thing". It's a knight thing, or a hero thing, but it's certainly not a human thing.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

I dont see a point to argue. I want to make it that way and I did.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Oh don't be so cold, modders are supposed to give consideration to criticism and suggestions.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

as you said, if you want to take max bonuses, you have to put a little effort