Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Default General questions

1. On Merlassar there's a puny Elf hero, Guildencrantz. Is he associated to any quest of bounty given later in the game? I'm right past Demonis and I'd like to know if he can be taken out with no consequences.

2. I have a fully upgraded Archmage Staff. Two of its bonuses read as follows:
+5% Stamina Spells
+15% Stamina by Lightning
What does this mean?

3. For those who have completed the game, after the first fight with Guilford, is there a later way to go back to Demonis and Hades? As can be seen from the Demonis map I've attached, more than half of this realm can't be explored. Is this intended (you know, it's not a bug, it's a feature ), will it open at some later stage of the game or is it a, well, bug?

4. In Hades, the flying platform near the entrance from Demonis takes you to a rocky place where there's an inaccessible location called Corrupted Sanctuary (see screenshot). Another feature/bug or will it open later in the game?

Some quick answers, esp. to 3. and 4., would be much appreciated, as I'm postponing the Guilford fight (and any game progression) in order to use the Demonis gate. If Demonis indeed becomes inaccessible after this battle, it means that any demon creatures/items you might need have to be bought now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Demonis.jpg (474.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Corrupted Sanctuary.jpg (571.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 11-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

3a. For those who have completed the game, after the first fight with Guilford, is there a later way to go back to Demonis and Hades?

Yes (from New Kordar to Hades)

3b. As can be seen from the Demonis map I've attached, more than half of this realm can't be explored. Is this intended (you know, it's not a bug, it's a feature ), will it open at some later stage of the game or is it a, well, bug?

I never managed to enter the area. Think it was cut away, same as Marshan Swamp.

4. In Hades, the flying platform near the entrance from Demonis takes you to a rocky place where there's an inaccessible location called Corrupted Sanctuary (see screenshot). Another feature/bug or will it open later in the game?

Yes, another Not_Implemented_Yet.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rork View Post
1. On Merlassar there's a puny Elf hero, Guildencrantz. Is he associated to any quest of bounty given later in the game? I'm right past Demonis and I'd like to know if he can be taken out with no consequences.

2. I have a fully upgraded Archmage Staff. Two of its bonuses read as follows:
+5% Stamina Spells
+15% Stamina by Lightning
What does this mean?

3. For those who have completed the game, after the first fight with Guilford, is there a later way to go back to Demonis and Hades? As can be seen from the Demonis map I've attached, more than half of this realm can't be explored. Is this intended (you know, it's not a bug, it's a feature ), will it open at some later stage of the game or is it a, well, bug?

Some quick answers, esp. to 3. and 4., would be much appreciated, as I'm postponing the Guilford fight (and any game progression) in order to use the Demonis gate. If Demonis indeed becomes inaccessible after this battle, it means that any demon creatures/items you might need have to be bought now.
You can always go back to Demonis via the mines (New Kordor?) and find the Demonis entrance from there...as for exploring Demonis more...I couldn't.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Thank you both for your answers. That leaves only the more, um, technical stuff open, but at least I can get on with the game.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Approved Member

Hi,

for 2) i think, that stamina should be renamed to damage.
The staff should deal 5% additional spell damage, and 15% additional lightning damage (which also should affect the regular archmage damage, if you have them in your army)

Tarnim
Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnim View Post
Hi,

for 2) i think, that stamina should be renamed to damage.
The staff should deal 5% additional spell damage, and 15% additional lightning damage

Tarnim
It's what the staff had in previous games. they somehow mistranslated damage or power to stamina. the actual effect is the same.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Soooo... Stamina is actually Damage. I see. Right. Why am I feeling more and more like a beta tester instead of playing a finished product?
Thanks for the answers, guys. That leaves only Guildencrantz as a mystery... for now. Or maybe I'll run somehwat later into Hamlonius who'll enlighten me .
Old 11-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Soooo... Stamina is actually Damage. I see. Right. Why am I feeling more and more like a beta tester instead of playing a finished product?
Thanks for the answers, guys. That leaves only Guildencrantz as a mystery... for now. Or maybe I'll run somehwat later into Hamlonius who'll enlighten me .
In Armored Princess Crossworlds, a lot of strange translation errors slipped in and never got resolved.

I suppose the game is originally russian so they don't prioritize the language piece?

Yeah, this particular release was not so good. I think I bought Armored Princess on release (never played The Legend) and had no issues. Only major game breaking bug was a Rune Mage bug that they hotfixed in a few days (but I avoided because I didn't do auto updates).
Old 11-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus
In Armored Princess Crossworlds, a lot of strange translation errors slipped in and never got resolved.

I suppose the game is originally russian so they don't prioritize the language piece?

Yeah, this particular release was not so good. I think I bought Armored Princess on release (never played The Legend) and had no issues. Only major game breaking bug was a Rune Mage bug that they hotfixed in a few days (but I avoided because I didn't do auto updates).
There might've been typos and spelling errors, both in KB and AP, but very few and not so obvious. Also both games had major bugs, but everything got sorted out quickly via official patches and again, there weren't bugs on such a scale and degree of visibility as in KBWotN.
In terms of bugs and glitches, this one gives Skyrim a real run for its money - and, considering Skyrim's complexity, that's saying a lot.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
There might've been typos and spelling errors, both in KB and AP, but very few and not so obvious. Also both games had major bugs, but everything got sorted out quickly via official patches and again, there weren't bugs on such a scale and degree of visibility as in KBWotN.
In terms of bugs and glitches, this one gives Skyrim a real run for its money - and, considering Skyrim's complexity, that's saying a lot.
Oh I totally agree. Crossworlds is definitely where the "typos galore" started and it just never stopped.

Also, even in Crossworlds when they had a game breaking Rune Mage bug, it was hot fixed in about 3 days or so.

I know it costs money to release patches via steam, but you can save more money by working with the beta testers or us, etc to really grind out the details before committing to a patch.

I think it is related to their tighter integration with Steam (for achievements).

I just crashed to desktop again and I'm not sure if it is my video card, my system, or the game. Nothing else has crashed on my system which would lead me to believe it is King's Bounty but video games tend to be more taxing on the system.

I wish I could say it was my system because Armored Princess never crashed for me. Crossworlds started to crash a bit more (but you could fix it usually).

This is just out of control now. Not to mention it crashed AFTER I beat Loki in < 10 rounds... JUST as I hit the quicksave button too (I quicksave every 5 seconds or so).