Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Default what would be awsome if this was in bop

a scramble sequence where you have to run to your plane and then take off

although imagen this on a carrier

erm which door? nope thats the hanger deck. oh good stairs! nope thats the bridge
try this dooor OH CRAP that was the emergency exit now i have to hope i get picked up or its a long swim home
Old 02-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
a scramble sequence where you have to run to your plane and then take off

although imagen this on a carrier

erm which door? nope thats the hanger deck. oh good stairs! nope thats the bridge
try this dooor OH CRAP that was the emergency exit now i have to hope i get picked up or its a long swim home
What have you been smoking geezer?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

sounds like battlefield. god falling off the carrier is annoying lol
Old 02-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Carriers don't scramble..... they can't.

A pilot waits on deck for his aircraft to be raised to the flight deck on the elevator, waits for it to be prepared by the flight crew, is ushered over to board the fighter, is strapped in and waits to be launched.

Carrier pilots are valeted, so cannot scramble at all.

Hence why there are always Combat Air Patrols circling overhead.

Anybody who's played BS Midway or BS Pacific will be laughing their heads off at the "Carrier Scramble" idea. You should experience just many minutes it takes to launch just 3 fighters from a carrier in the game.

Any incoming bombers will have been, bombed and gone by the time enough fighters made it into the air and up high enough to intercept, by which time it would be pointless.

Having caught out a carrier landing TBFs and desperately trying to clear the decks to launch fighters, I can tell you that myself and another player managed to not only divebomb freely with our Judy divebombers, but also outrun the fighters launched by another carrier that came to deal with us, bearing in mind that the Judy is 65 MPH faster than the F4-F Wildcat. The Carrier we attacked failed to launch a single fighter, despite our bombing attack taking 99% of its health away. We only attacked with 15 divebombers.

Last edited by Panzergranate; 02-08-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

I completly agree with what Panzergranate said. the thing i seriously would like to have is a training mission only for straffing and Bombing ground targets. y'know, trains, tanks, Flak, AA, and trucks and grounded aircraft. that'll be sweet! =D
Old 02-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddisback View Post
I completly agree with what Panzergranate said. the thing i seriously would like to have is a training mission only for straffing and Bombing ground targets. y'know, trains, tanks, Flak, AA, and trucks and grounded aircraft. that'll be sweet! =D
I am not sure, but isnt this possible in training mode ?
If you choose Hostile in the option of enemy fire, ground objects are available to bomb but not sure of what variety of them in the different locations.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

I think this would be cool. I remember on rougue squadren 2 on gamecube you select your craft by walking around the hangar and getting in. They took this to another level in rebel strike by intoducing foot based combat before you jump in your x-wing.
I reckon it would b nice for a bonus game or something on bop 2. Maybe also the option to land a battered plane, jump out and sprint to a new one
Old 02-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
I think this would be cool. I remember on rougue squadren 2 on gamecube you select your craft by walking around the hangar and getting in. They took this to another level in rebel strike by intoducing foot based combat before you jump in your x-wing.
I reckon it would b nice for a bonus game or something on bop 2. Maybe also the option to land a battered plane, jump out and sprint to a new one
Battlefront 2 was cool in the space battles, spawn in a carrier jump in an x-wing/tie fighter and either dogfight in space or try and board the enemy ship. The NEED to make a new battlefront game.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

the carier thing was more because it thought it was funny but for the idea i was thinking is more battle of britain or pearl harbour sorta thing
Old 02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
I reckon it'd be great to be able to wander round your Station.. Go to the common room, go to the briefing, get to your plane and your ground crew's waiting to strap you in.. Fly the days missions and then head off to your bed.

running to your plane in the middle of an air raid.. and trying to take off as the bombs drop, that kind of thing would be cool.