Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:00 AM
Approved Member

Smile can we give devellopers a second chance with BOM ?

Now the last patch of COD is released and all can see the final result of the game because we won't have any more fixed features exept whit the ones coming from BOM.We are now in front of a stone mile. will we continue to thrust Madox Game and buy the next sequel or not ? what is your opinions guys ? Despite a lack of communications of their part since COD release and after seing all the hard work they have done i think i will continue to give them my thrust and buy their sequel on release day! they proved they have done their best to fixed this game and at least this should be rewarded !!
Core i7 3930k @ stock, asus rampage IV Extreme, 16 GB ram GSkill 2133 MHz, SSD vertex 3 max iops 120 GB, Noctua NH-D14, 1 x GTX 580 Point of view (overclocked) 3 GB, HAF 942, G 940, silent pro gold 1000 w, track IR 5, SAMSUNG SyncMaster 245 B.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

YES!!!!

"they proved they have done their best to fixed this game and at least this should be rewarded !!"

I couldn't have worded it any better. I'll be first in line to buy the sequel.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:05 AM
Approved Member

Of course.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:08 AM
Approved Member

Nope. Wont buy anything from them again. This game is still not complete, and the lack of communication is sub-par.

Now, everyone will tell you, they are the only ones making a WWII game. At this point in time, it is true. By the time the sequel comes out who knows what can happen. DCS is already rumored to have Axis planes in the works. Who knows who else will come out with something. And if nothing does, I will continue to throw my money at devs that not only produce a working and complete product, but also communicate with their customers.

My 2 cents.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

I do not believe this will be the last update on CLOD.. lets see what Moscow ( I much prefer this scenario ) will do and I'm sure they will have some goodies to add into CLOD in time.

So for the Chance? Yes ofcourse. I actually can't wait to get La(gg)'s and Yaks etc..

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/

Last edited by GOZR; 10-19-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:49 AM
Approved Member

Not on the strength of Cliffs, no.

Probably check it out after it's been released and see what the general concensus is.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:50 AM
Approved Member

I couldn't have worded it any better. I'll be first in line to buy the sequel.[/QUOTE]

Sorry i ll be the first
Core i7 3930k @ stock, asus rampage IV Extreme, 16 GB ram GSkill 2133 MHz, SSD vertex 3 max iops 120 GB, Noctua NH-D14, 1 x GTX 580 Point of view (overclocked) 3 GB, HAF 942, G 940, silent pro gold 1000 w, track IR 5, SAMSUNG SyncMaster 245 B.
Approved Member

Short version: I want to buy it, but I won't throw my money at the screen. I will be reading reviews and making sure it looks like a solid release.

Long version: I definitely plan on it - I really enjoy this sim, and even though I have most of the DCS stuff, I play this more. Much more. I've absolutely got my money's worth from this game, and I still have tons more to do (I just got the desastersoft campaigns ). The only thing that's kept me from playing even more is school, work, family, moving houses, etc.

Of course, it'll probably be released a long time from now, and we never know what's going to happen from now till then. And, honestly, I don't really care about the chosen battle the expansion is for. On the other hand, I don't really know anything about it so I might get into it once I read up.

I just hope the series continues and they keep releasing new expansions/games that widens the potential battle fields and plane types. I'm really finding WWII to be the era I most enjoy. The only thing I think I'd like more is flying some P-86's versus migs in mig alley!

-Forged

Last edited by Forged; 10-19-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Approved Member

Yaks are my favourite aircraft, bar none. My level of excitement for BoM is enormous.

But no, I will not be giving the developers the benefit of the doubt. If and only if the reviews are good, the game is reasonably bug-free at launch, and we get some better communication from the developers will I purchase BOM.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:55 AM
Approved Member

Personally I think a change of scenery would be great for everyone concerned. Though I'ld like to see a few lend-lease planes line the P39 though I won't hold my breath.

I hope it doesn't take too long to get the sequel out. In the mean time I think I need to develop my fighter skills which basically sux!