Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 05-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

Default Anyone running a Triple Monitor Display?

Hi Chaps

I've posted this over on SIMHQ also. I am planning a new system and would like to have COD running with three monitors. I am thinking about getting 3x24" monitors and will need a PC to run it. I am open to both Nvidia/ATI and Intel and AMD although I have a sneaking suspicion that the only system CLOD will like at the moment for triple monitors will be Intel and Nvidia.

So has anyone got COD running well on 3 monitors? If so could you please post your system specs.

Cheers

Emil
Old 05-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

Hi mate,
look here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23069
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23180
Old 05-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Approved Member

Cheers!

I saw Roadczar's thread and video which gave me hope but it still looks like he gets quite a bit of stutter from what I could tell from the video on youtube. If there is further optimisation I will definitely consider a crossfire / eyefinity setup.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:34 AM
Approved Member

There is always the Matrox Triple Head To go (th2g).
Old 05-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5_emil View Post
Cheers!

I saw Roadczar's thread and video which gave me hope but it still looks like he gets quite a bit of stutter from what I could tell from the video on youtube. If there is further optimisation I will definitely consider a crossfire / eyefinity setup.
I know there still working on bugs on crossfire / eyefinity i wouldn't worry about it too much it should be fixed soon. Depending on your cash flow you can get raedon 5000, 6000, series cards cheap and there still "mid" ranged crossfire cards I have 1 5770 HD card running a 47" TV and 2 17" montors which i haven't hooked up yet ..just cause it would look silly but now i want to see how it looks ...thanks alot lol .BTW the 2 same 5770 should be around $250 CDN
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

Running IL2CoD windowed at 3072x with three monitors (3x1024) here (my rig in in my signature below) using te RAMDRIVE solution (I do not know Ramdrive may be a placebo effect).

Not happy (yet) because the option to use 3renders (three times normal field of view in order to fill the left, centre, right monitor window) is not working.

I have moderate settings (no forrest, small detail of buildings, medium texture and ground, little ground shading, few buildings) and have reasonable fps at 55-65, no stutters at all playing online.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

and by the way, ifyou want to have the 3renders option available in CoD, make sure you post your requirement under http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23405
Old 07-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Bumping my own thread?

Still very little talk from anyone with triple monitor displays?

I am waiting in the wings (excuse the pun) to buy a PC powerful enough to run COD across 3 monitors, I don't just want to take a chance as it wont be a cheap expense.

I was thinking to be going with Intel + Nvidia as so far my experience on COD with both of them has been fairly good. The question is what exactly will in need in terms of processor/graphics cards....will I need SLI? Is the Nvidia Eyefinity equivalent as good as ATI's?

There must be others out there running triple monitors?
Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23199

But tripple monitors is worthwhile only when the game will offer a 3renders view (like IL2FB used to have). This is still not the case.

My 2cents: There is no graphics card that can run the game well today so, anything you buy now is a medium term solution.
Intel and NV is the right solution today, the price premium (compared to AMD and ATI) is considerable.
Buy an NV GTX580 card with 3Gb VRAM, not less.
Since prices of GPUs drop considerably every quarter, you may be well enough to buy only one and wait for the second (for the SLI configuration) when the game will offer 3renders support, this will save you some money.

~S~
Old 07-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23199

But tripple monitors is worthwhile only when the game will offer a 3renders view (like IL2FB used to have). This is still not the case.

My 2cents: There is no graphics card that can run the game well today so, anything you buy now is a medium term solution.
Intel and NV is the right solution today, the price premium (compared to AMD and ATI) is considerable.
Buy an NV GTX580 card with 3Gb VRAM, not less.
Since prices of GPUs drop considerably every quarter, you may be well enough to buy only one and wait for the second (for the SLI configuration) when the game will offer 3renders support, this will save you some money.

~S~
That is right. That's what I'm doing. Why spend that now ya know? I get great performance on a single 480 but for me I think it'd be wise (if I wanted to buy a new today or one very soon) to buy a single 3GB 580 and wait until SLI is ironed out before purchasing the second. But since I am happy now I will wait until I have a performance issue that only purchasing one would be a viable solution.