Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

Default Control Tower

I think that in full real servers with no external views there should be a view from the control tower so you can see the runways and taxiways.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Approved Member

Just go 'hell for leather' god will sort you out
Old 10-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

^^ made me chuckle
Old 10-22-2012, 03:25 AM
Approved Member

When I go "hell for leather"I end up on my nose in the high waving grass with a broken prop.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:22 AM
Approved Member

Your just not doing it right.

Can I suggest the the instructional video 1941 especially the section with Wild Bill Keslo.

Cheers!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll2k View Post
I think that in full real servers with no external views there should be a view from the control tower so you can see the runways and taxiways.
somebody in this forum recently made available some maps for each airfield, with runways etc clearly illustrated (n spawn points)

do like the real aviator folks, you know, look at the map and know the airfield

ps: i do like your "tower view" request. would be a good position for some red/green flares etc to be launched when we come in to land (depending if the runways are clear, or might have planes or debris on them), or to get the all clear before takeoff for large bomber formations etc
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children

Last edited by zapatista; 10-22-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

I support that. Its very hard to locate runways on unfamiliar airfields, though those airfield Info PDFs which were recently posted are amazing and help quite a bit.
Nevertheless, some additional help would be greatly... helpful imo. After all, in RL, pilots also had ground crew to help them finding their way .