Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Default Beginer need HELP!!!!

Hello everybody
Thanks for reading
I'm just start play this game for fews day,Oh man it's so hard,when i go to the second island,i can defeat any monster,they are very strong,i buy a lot of troot still can not defeat them,anyone can help me,give me some advise some experiments or anything to play easier.Thanks for helping!!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

What's a "troot"?

The fact that you are asking for general help but not even bothering to tell us your army composition, character class, and difficulty level shows that you are very much a novice to playing this game.

But I won't flame you. You remind me of the first time I player KBTL, and when I tried reading up tactics on the forums I was overwhelmed.

So my suggestion to you is choose this initial setup:

1) make sure you play on EASY mode (the game is set to NORMAL by default)

2) play warrior

3) use the following units in the first 2 islands: inquisitor, royal thorn, (bear), (bowman), royal snake, paladin, archmage

That's it for now, dive in and play the game using that setup and experiment around. Even without using spells and the pet dragon you'll do just fine. Reading up on possible tactics in the forum helps too.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

More tips:

1. Max. number of troops you can command is limited by your leadership value.

2. No matter what class you are playing, you need some skills from the other classes' skill tree.

3. One important skill is "Glory" in the Mind skill tree, which increases your leadership. So don't spend your starting skill points just yet - fight some battles, collect some runes, and put a point or two in Glory first.

4. Look for treasures on the map. Particularly hunt for flags - they increase your leadership.

5. Monsters wander around the islands, or stand guarding treasures. When they see you approach, most of them will chase you.

6. We have a term here: "Kiting". It means you approach a stack of monsters you don't want to fight and let it chase you. Lead it away to an open area, and run around to grab the treasure the monsters was guarding.

7. Use your pet dragon. Inquisitors, available to you right away, has the ability to increase your rage (which your pet dragon uses). Pet dragons is the best friend for a starting character.

8. Take the ship and explore other islands you can get to. Even if you can't fight anything there, you can kite them. Bolo for example has at least a flag, a stat boost and likely some loose gold.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Registered Member

Thanks both of you very much,i play class mage,in normal play,i do anything you two told me,when i see enemy strong i run,i just fight with enemy equal or weak.I buy full of troops as you say,do anything to improve leadership,and i can't get it.My troops are bear,blue snakes(i don't remember name),pirates,red tree(,i forgot name),wolf.I hit the enemy ex 100 dame,the hit me 200 or more i can't stand how can fight them @@,my def is 4,my lv is 6.I'll try best,if i have anything problem can you two will help me,thanks you very much

Last edited by pmanhkhang; 07-12-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanhkhang View Post
i play class mage,in normal play
Try playing Easy first - consider it a translation problem, because for a new player Normal isn't normal at all. From there you can gain battlefield experience on what the different troops can do or cannot do, and you will gain insight of which skills you should get and in what order.

Mage is more difficult to start with as you will have the lowest leadership among the three classes, and has the least rage for pet dragon abilities. Mage also relies on spells they can find early on. So try a Paladin or Warrior first - the increased leadership will make a world of difference.

Quote:
My troops are bear,blue snakes(i don't remember name),pirates,red tree(,i forgot name),wolf.
Bear - depends on what bear it is. There are normal bears, polar bears and ancient bears, weak to strong in that order. Tough (but not very tough), very slow except a one-time charge. Polar bears will fall asleep and regen HP if you don't move them (by defending), but the regen is not worth it.

Pirates - A so-so unit. You can get the flag-bearer on Scarlet Wind to give them a boost.

Blue snakes - that'd be Royal Snake, the best among all snake units. Fast and no retaliation, plus a distance poison attack every 2 rounds. Learn to use them, protect them, and love them. Consider saving up for the Snake Boots (from the same hut you bought the snakes on Debir).

Red tree - The walking Venus-flytrap? That'd be Royal Thorns. Low in supply at this stage, and low in numbers as you have low leadership. Quite tough, but you cannot heal them except with a few spells and abilities (all of them are probably out of your reach for now). Vulnerable to fire. Make sure you summon more thorns every 3 rounds, and use those thorns to get even more thorns by planting seeds on corpses. You have free cannon fodder with Royal thorns.

Wolf - I never used them myself... I only used werewolves, which has a howl skill to inflict fear on low level units, which is pretty handy early on.

Get Inquisitors - those red priests on Debir, the first island. Their first ability heals and resurrects, their second ability boosts a stack's offense towards undead and demon - but most importantly it gives you rage points so you can keep using your pet dragon. Unless you're challenging yourself, there is no excuse not using inquisitors.

Quote:
I hit the enemy ex 100 dame,the hit me 200 or more i can't stand how can fight them @@,my def is 4,my lv is 6.I'll try best,if i have anything problem can you two will help me,thanks you very much
Tell us what skills you took?

If you haven't already, get the Gift Bag mod here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12174

It's an official mod adding more artifacts to the game... which has the side effect of making it a bit easier. You will need to start a new game after installing it.

Last edited by kcwong; 07-12-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

i always found this to be the most useful hint early on in the game. talk to the preistess in debir about getting the stone from bolo, she will tell you that you need the amulet of illumination. Go to bolo island and immediately travel around the island in a leftward manner. You will see a ship parked on land and a group of monsters. Save the game, run past the monsters, and go into the cave off to the left of you. When you go inside, follow the right most path until you reach a corner, make the left and you will see a huge robot guarding a chest. He will tell you to leave then chase after you. "Kite" him and steal the amulet from the chest. Use the amulet before returning it to get a few extra points of leadership. After this is done, you get 100-200 leadership (i dont remeber how much) for getting one of the stones, a good amount of experience, and best of all, you can now hire paladins at the magic academy by the castle. This wont matter at this point in the game because you dont have that much money but you also get access to a lot of good items at the castle by doing this.